SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just picked up my Fulton Armory m1a, scope rings height
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just picked up my Fulton Armory m1a, scope rings height Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
Recommendation?, have the Brookfield mount. Either a 30mm tube 50mm lens scope or a Steiner 1x4 30mm will go on it..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
the lowest ones that will clear everything (which is a different answerfor the scopes you mention)

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I'd try to pick up a Bassett Machine mount (easy on easy off with great repeatability). That will give you a picatinny rail system that you can mount rings too.

Any good ring set that fits your scope tube should work and allow you to mount the scope as low as possible. I've been using Leupold 30mm rings and Nightforce 34mm rings with stellar results.

Good luck in your hunt...

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best way I have found to determine scope ring height is to stack up some pennies and adjust until the scope has the clearance you need. Then measure the stack and order the appropriate rings. I like the seekins precision rings.

Posts: 163 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Medium rings should do it.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5406 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you….

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post