SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Aimpoint Duty RDS.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Aimpoint Duty RDS. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
Anyone have one of these yet?
https://aimpoint.us/duty-rds-2...&utm_source=hs_email

I've spoken to Larue, and this is what they said regarding mounts.

We have not gotten our hands on the RDS so, we do not know which of our mounts will work the best. From what I am seeing online, the RDS sits ~.4-.5" taller than the T-2 does. If so, then the LT660-HK, having an optical centerline with a T-2 of 1.32" the RDS should be at around 1.7-1.8" for the optical centerline. The LT 751 should put the RDS around 1.8-1.9" and the LT 660 would be around 2.0-2.1".

I might have to pass since I'm looking for something that mounts close to the rail.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fairly compelling option. I’m interested to see what others think of it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Looks like it'll give the PRO a run for its money.

Smaller, looks like it does come with a mount.

Brightness using a tiny keypad is different for me, I'm used to the turn of knob kind of action.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I think that I still prefer the knobs for adjusting brightness, but glad that aimpoint continues to expand their offerings.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
All I'm asking for is that it be a good height to provide a comfortably workable cowitness of some kind with AKs. I'm sure both Aimpoint and the aftermarket will have a variety of mounts available for the AR.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
All I'm asking for is that it be a good height to provide a comfortably workable cowitness of some kind with AKs. I'm sure both Aimpoint and the aftermarket will have a variety of mounts available for the AR.

I too am looking for an option for an AK. I have an Ultimak rail, so it's gotta be as low as possible.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a T2 with standard mount. Wish I never sold my T1 years ago.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Duty Rds so far. Not as nice as my T2 but the T2 definitely isn’t over 300 dollars better.

Check out Euro Optic if you need a T2. Last I saw they had an awesome price on them.

Posts: 21 | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post