SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Husqvarna rifles… Sources of knowledge? (Photos inside now)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husqvarna rifles… Sources of knowledge? (Photos inside now) Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
Husqvarna rifles… Sources of knowledge?

Just picked up two nice Husqvarna rifles. Seeking to learn more. Too good to pass up.

HUSQAVARNA VAPENFABRIKS
.30-06 CAL, BOLT ACTION RIFLE W/LEUPOLD

HUSQAVARNA VAPENFABRIKS MODEL 9000
.300 WIN MAG CAL, BOLT ACTION RIFLE

Any thoughts on where to go for manuals, expertise, parts, discussion, etc.?

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to really learning about these. I’m told you have to map the American models back to the Swedish models… Rumor only.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGnified,

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan-o
posted Hide Post
For complete knowledge, checkout the Swedish civilian firearms section of gunboards. There are some REAL experts there.

From what I know, Husqvarna started with using a mix of surplus Swedish Mauser actions and new production 96 Mausers. From there, they started to build on imported M98 Mausers from FN. Along the way, someone decided that being dependent on a competitor for their actions was not the best idea, so they developed an improved action (called the 1640 of "HVA") that incorporated the best of the M98 features in a small ring action.

The next step was development of a push-feed design, which was the 1900 series.

All huskys are high quality rifles. I have a 1640 in 9.3x62 that is a gem! Congrats on finding some

Posts: 572 | Location: Interior Alaska | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan-o
posted Hide Post
Also, some pics would help identify what you have

Posts: 572 | Location: Interior Alaska | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your aqusitions!

Here is the Swedish Civillian rifle forum...

https://www.gunboards.com/foru...porting-firearms.50/

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas. Still have to ffl the stuff

I was at an auction yesterday and got a lot of interesting stuff.

One collector and almost 1000 guns. Was cherry picking at stuff cuz some stuff was outta a hand.

Winchester 1873 octagon barrels reselling for over $3000 apiece. Smith and Wesson model 29 early, 4 screw model with excellent blueing also went for about three grand. Any large revolver was $1000 all day.

Inflation!

Also picked up a JG Anschutz in .22lr ... A handful of nice (Pardini, Baikal) air pistols as well.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
There are some web photos from their online auction I grabbed … 1st one in 30.06

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Here is the Husqvarna 9000; second rifle in 300 WinMag. Barrel/muzzle is ported.

Again web photos from their electronic auction site.

~Robert A. Heinlein

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Those are very nice. I'd love to have those.

1 guy with 1000 guns huh. Geez what am I doing with my life.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Those are very nice. I'd love to have those.

1 guy with 1000 guns huh. Geez what am I doing with my life.

That was only part of his collection as I understand. His children had cherry picked through the 1000 that was at the auction. Neat stuff.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of dan-o
posted Hide Post
The first one is a 1640 action. It was marketed as am improved Mauser, and it is in many ways. It's a controlled round feed action.

The second is a 1900 action, which is push feed.

They're both very high quality rifles

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan-o:
The first one is a 1640 action. It was marketed as am improved Mauser, and it is in many ways. It's a controlled round feed action.

The second is a 1900 action, which is push feed.

They're both very high quality rifles

Thank you very much for that… I will have them in my hands after the holiday weekend.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Fully expected a post from JSK to be in here by now.

Both look like very nice rifles.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
I bought a 1640 several years ago chambered in 30-06. A Great rifle they were built to be lightweight. You can learn quite a bit about them on this forum Swedish Civilian Firearms

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR:
I bought a 1640 several years ago chambered in 30-06. A Great rifle they were built to be lightweight. You can learn quite a bit about them on this forum Swedish Civilian Firearms

Here is the 1640 action in 30.06

This will probably go to my younger son, and I’ll keep the .300WM

~Robert A. Heinlein

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Looks to be in nice condition. My local shop had a bunch come through in the last few years. All of them were pretty rough.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
That one has three or four small dings in the furniture and had some copper fouling in the barrel. I probably could do a lot more work on the wood. Honest wear.

Overall condition is pretty good though. There is a little missing “bluing” on the front sight hood and the muzzle that I “fixed”.

Found this engraved mark “2706” … ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGnified,

~Robert A. Heinlein