SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Wal-Mart close out prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart close out prices Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
Yeah, we all hate Wal-Mart.

I needed Nerf darts and happened to check the real ammo shelves.

20 round WWB 5.56 for $4 each. Cheaper than Nerf darts.

50 round boxes of Federal aluminum case for $7.

50 round boxes of Federal brass case 44 Mag at $19.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Confession time:

Like others, I’ve been waiting for these clearance prices to hit.

I checked 5 Walmart’s in my regular travel this week and stacked 4150 rounds of 9mm and 556, at an average price of 15 cents/round.

9mm was mostly 9cents/round, m193 varied between 15-16 cents/round, and m855 was 20 cents.

Unprecedented prices.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Last Wednesday I checked local stores here in PA and they claimed no sale was forthcoming. But someone evidently built a fire under their management to get rid of the evil calibers before the end of 2019.

From what I understand around Friday am they announced to the local (North of Pittsburgh) WM stores that it was up to the store managers how they discounted/donated ammo. They then gave them the "go”. Timing may vary at different locales around the US and it already may have happened elsewhere.

I got a text Friday night from a friend telling me to get to the Walmarts ASAP because they had marked down the evil pistol and 556/223 calibers, dropping the price sometimes as much as 60%. Some boxes of pistol ammo were as low as $5.00. I got there as soon as I could which was Saturday am. Unfortunately I missed the front end of this where some real deals were found, but I did pick up a few things.

Cranberry PA Super-Walmart (empty of all pistol calibers/223/556) as of Saturday 10:30 pm.
Gibsonia PA Walmart (had some Federal aluminum case .40 at $5.00 a box and some .45 left- zero 223/556) as of Saturday 11pm

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had not been to the local Wal Mart in several months. My wife needed a couple of things. Made an out of the way detour by the ammunition area. Practically nothing left but shotgun ammo.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I had about the same experience as Rhinehart. Friday, the shelves were full and prices were not at clearance level. Stopped by today and about the only handgun ammo left was WWB 32 cal. How they did it that fast caught me by surprise.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
All of the stores here have been sold out for a long time.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Same here in Delray Beach. The only pistol ammo left was .32acp.

quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I had about the same experience as Rhinehart. Friday, the shelves were full and prices were not at clearance level. Stopped by today and about the only handgun ammo left was WWB 32 cal. How they did it that fast caught me by surprise.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Out of most of the discontinued skus by this past Sat here. Prices were never as low as what is listed above.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I was told by one of the friendlier gun folks at Walmart that a number of stores around the US donated all/part of their pistol calibers to local police/sheriff departments.
(Write off)

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard anything left after the 29th will be given to police with police more than likely destroying anything not in their duty caliber.

Another stupid feel good act that ends in the destruction of goods because “feels”!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
I’ve heard anything left after the 29th will be given to police with police more than likely destroying anything not in their duty caliber.

Another stupid feel good act that ends in the destruction of goods because “feels”!

Yep. Directive is to “donate for destruction” on the 28th/29th. My cops are just gonna shoot it up, im sure.

My store has 224 valkyrie for $5/box and a couple 45colts and some 380 HST rounds left. Nothing else.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:

I’d say “you gotta be shittin me” but that sounds exactly like what the current CEO would do. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to my local WalMart this morning and their shelves were EMPTY......I asked the department manager and he said four different people bought everything they had on sale...Two purchased about $500 worth of select ammo, the third person bought every round of 223 and 5.56 they had and spent over $1000, and he said the fourth person that was called by one of the first two guys bought every remaining box available that was on sale and the manager said it took him over one hour to ring the guy up and he spent just over $3800......This all happened last Wednesday, December 11th...Manager said sale prices ranged between 30% to 50% off depending on the brand and caliber...

He had a ton of 22LR ammo but none was on sale....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard some stores are getting some additional ammo in but I’ve not seen any. There’s a good supply of HST at my closest store but not yet marked down.

If you’re in Walmart anyway, the prices are too low to ignore.

posted Hide Post
Last week I checked the counter and it was full of ammo. I picked up 200 rounds of federal red box 9mm for $19. I thought it was just their regular price. No idea it was closeout or I would have bought all I could. Later that week the case was empty.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Even though I had been told that it would all be done by end of 2019, I was up in Lakewood NY and Warren PA yesterday and took a look. No pistol or evil black rifle ammo to be found.

One of the WM staff told me that the formal "word" was that all pistol ammo would be removed by 12/30/19. (Done deal).
They said from the tone of the note they expected WM would never sell those calibers again.
I was surprised to see some bangsticks in the Lakewood NY WM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rinehart,

posted Hide Post
^^^You were in my neck of the woods. Lakewood is 3 miles from my place.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's most likely gone by now. That post was 3 years ago.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post