SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    ***SOLD***
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

***SOLD*** Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
My employer has the following LE agency trade in ammunition in stock:

Speer Gold Dot .45 Auto 230 GR - 50 rnd boxes -- $14.99 each

Winchester Ranger .45 Auto 230 GR -- 50 rnd boxes -- $17.99 each

Ammunition is LE trade in so mixed lots but all in factory packaging.

Flat rate shipping $8.95 to the lower 48 states. NC and SC residents pay sales tax.

Ammunition can be ordered via phone at 919-779-6141, press 4, then press 1.

The company is Lawmen's Distribution, we're a LE equipment distributor doing business in the Carolina's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GarandGuy,

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
Speer Gold Dot .45 Auto 230 GR - 50 rnd boxes -- $14.99 each

Wow. That's cheap.

I need to check my stock of defensive .45 this afternoon, but I'll probably be ordering some.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Garandguy, who is your employer? Got a link?

I know you provided a phone number but someone may want to know who they are calling.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That phone number is registered to Lawmen's Safety Supply in Raleigh, NC.

https://www.lawmens.com

(The deals are not listed on their website though. I assume that means you have to call.)

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That phone number is registered to Lawmen's Safety Supply in Raleigh, NC.

https://www.lawmens.com

(The deals are not listed on their website though. I assume that means you have to call.)

RogueJSK is correct, none of this ammunition is currently listed on the website, hopefully it'll be up before the weekend. For now, it's phone orders.

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The extension in your post seems to not be recognized by the phone system.

Posts: 26846 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The extension in your post seems to not be recognized by the phone system.

Thanks, corrected. Not sure why the extension isn't recognized?

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.
That's a killer price on shipping!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just called and placed an order

According to the guy I spoke with (Clint), sales tax applies to all orders, not just in the Carolinas.

Also, he mentioned that the .45 Gold Dots are "range use only" rounds. Not sure if that label is from Speer because it's out of spec or failed QC at the factory, or if that's from Lawman's as a CYA thing since it's trade-in ammo.

Still a decent price for just training ammo, especially for training with what you carry, or verifying that a new gun works with your carry load. But might not be a good choice for defensive use.

Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Just called and placed an order

According to the guy I spoke with (Clint), sales tax applies to all orders, not just in the Carolinas.

Also, he mentioned that the .45 Gold Dots are "range use only" rounds. Not sure if that label is from Speer because it's out of spec or failed QC at the factory, or if that's from Lawman's as a CYA thing since it's trade-in ammo.

Still a decent price for just training ammo, especially for training with what you carry, or verifying that a new gun works with your carry load. But might not be a good choice for defensive use.

Little late on the response but just to clarify, we only charge sales tax for purchases made in NC or SC. The .45 Gold Dot is agency trade in ammunition, it simply ammunition we took in on trade from a LE agency that did not meet our approval standards to resell as duty ammunition.

Also, Hornady ammo price is now $14.99 per box.

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Ordered more ammo.

Great prices.

Shipping $8.95 Fedex for 25 lbs of 45 ACP from the Carolinas to AZ. About 4 days.

Unbeatable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The Winchester and Speer .45 ACP 230 gr -- is this standard velocity or +P?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I ordered the R45AT Ranger 230 Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point. Standard velocity.

$13.95/box 50, fresh production.

+P would be okay, but I'm not leveling any cities anytime soon.

I prefer HST and Gold Dots, but at that price prospective bad guys will have to understand it's a budgetary concern. The further bad news is now I can afford to shoot them twice.

The Speer Gold Dot 230's are also standard velocity. $26.99 box/50 current price. Don't know if they're the same as the ones identified earlier in the thread. I think they were turn-in's from some LE department(s). Don't know.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The Winchester and Speer .45 ACP 230 gr -- is this standard velocity or +P?

Both are standard pressure.

posted Hide Post
Any higher or lower grain 308 by chance? I'll be taking a class and they require 175 or 155gr. Thanks

Posts: 791 | Location: PA | Registered: June 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wdsman1:
Any higher or lower grain 308 by chance? I'll be taking a class and they require 175 or 155gr. Thanks

Unfortunately no.