SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    GECO 115Gr TMJ @ Ammoshoponline for $300/1k free ship **UPDATE** It's $285 now (as of 8/17/22)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GECO 115Gr TMJ @ Ammoshoponline for $300/1k free ship **UPDATE** It's $285 now (as of 8/17/22) Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
https://www.ammoshoponline.com...g/?mc_cid=edd8f86f31

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi - Any feedback on this ammo? I generally use Blazer or Federal..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2654 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Geco in 9MM, a few thousand rounds with zero problems. I've used it even more in 380ACP so have no fear.

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Same here, I've used GECO 115 and 124 without problems.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
Thanks both for the feedback..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2654 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
No problems with GECO. That's a bargain---thanks Q!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now down to $284.99/1K with free shipping. Best price I've seen for quality ammo since the pandemic started. I've not purchased from this supplier before today.

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They sent email notification yesterday that it was down to $285, but the website was stuck at $300 all day long. They finally corrected that today. Yeah, good price now made great. And this vendor is gtg.

Q

posted Hide Post
Yeah Q, I noticed that this A.M. and jumped on it. Good to hear that Ammoshop is good, I might just order another case.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q/guys. I've been mostly an SGA buyer, but this price is great!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Their GECO 115 FMJ is also @ $285 free ship, posted today.

https://www.ammoshoponline.com...g/?mc_cid=707c151547

Q

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Just ordered some. I was starting to get low on range ammo. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this loose ammo,like in the picture or boxed?

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Is this loose ammo,like in the picture or boxed?

Says right there in the links, GECO can of 1000.

Q

posted Hide Post
^^^Thanks just wasn't sure if they had in boxes and then in a container like some other places do. Has anyone received their ammo yet? Just looking to see if there have been any issues with the ammo-bullet seating/compression of projectile,etc.. It's such a great price right now but I have had some issues with bulk ammo like this in the past and am curious if anyone had an issue with the ammo.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've avoided GECO from AmmoShopOnline due to mixed reviews lately. GECO is owned by RUAG Ammotec, which manufactures ammo in Germany, Switzerland, Hungary, Sweden, and USA under brand names: GECO, Norma, RWS, Swiss P, & Rottweil.

If the ammo was made in Germany, Switzerland, Hungary, or Sweden, then you're most likely GTG. Their ammo made in USA lately has been problematic and subject to recalls.

This one from June:
https://mailchi.mp/d476f475fd5b/important-recall-notice-regarding-certain-9mm-ammunition-548993

This one from May:
mailchi.mp/e31d6edabe45/import...mm-ammunition-549009

I've also read reports of customers of the GECO 1K round cases of loose 9mm getting Norma brand instead, or ammo w/ "VNM" on the case stamp, which indicates Venom ammo made in Turkey, or "JAG", which might be Jagemann? In any case, it's 'bait & switch', which reflects poorly.

So if you order, I recommend you inspect your ammo carefully. Next time I buy RUAG/GECO/Norma, I'm sticking to the boxed ammo and staying away from their bulk cases.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
or "JAG"

All of my GECO ammo is marked JAG

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
My 115 GR FMJ 1000 round loose can headstamps all say "9x19 TRN" I assume for 9x19mm Training?

Also SIG ammo has had recalls, so has winchester, so has everyone in the last year so what?

Most of Iron Chef's post I can't agree with and is more conjecture that any basis in fact.

2 recalls doesn't make for a bad ammo maker, SIG had recalls in that time period too....?

heres a SIG recall as of 8/23/2022!, so yea everyone has recalls, Winchester(who owns remington etc) Federal/CCI, you really can't name an ammo that doesn't.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...mm-elite-sig-recall/

https://winchester.com/support...-Luger-115-gr-Recall

https://www.sportsmansguide.co...productsafetyrecalls

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post