SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    NORMA is going to bankrupt me…but at least the FEDEX guy has a job…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NORMA is going to bankrupt me…but at least the FEDEX guy has a job… Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
…I’m getting emails daily from various and sundry online ammo vendors…I’ve always been pleased with NORMA ammunition all the way back when they were about the only company offering suitable hunting ammo for the European military cartridges (I still have several rounds of 6.5 and 7.35 Carcano soft point I found at a small mom and pop store back in the days before the interweb)…

Anyhow I have been stocking up on ammunition since Para’s “when everything is quiet” thread (I should have been doing the same thing with rifle primers Frown …I refuse to pay the prices on GunBroker or websites that limit me to one brick at a high price plus shipping and Hazmat)…now I’m just rambling Roll Eyes…Anyway back on topic…

NORMA has been my newest favorite online source of ammunition…I just ordered another 600 rounds of .223 to replace what I used up on my last range trip and put some back into my meager stash…best price I’ve seen for quality brass cased .223 especially with free shipping…under $300 with Tennessee sales tax…it’s an addiction Wink but it feels good (as with any addiction) to be able to hit the range for some stress relief and forget about all the shit that’s going on lately Frown

https://normashooting.com/shop...tical-fmj-30-rounds/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
trying to stop money leaving wallet...cannot stop ha yea Norma has been giving good ammo prices lately and from the 2000+ rounds I've ordered so far very nice quality.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Because of this post, I have a case of 9s coming my way. What held me back was I shoot reloads. Decided to save my cheap primers for the time being and shoot these

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you guys that ordered from Norma this weekend gotten confirmation emails? I ordered on Friday, but haven't seen anything yet. I seem to recall last time I ordered from them there was a delay before my order was "confirmed" and I got an email, but I don't remember it taking several days.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I got an email today that said that are working hard to fill all the orders placed over the weekend. Not too concerned if I need to wait a couple weeks or so.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my email, too, finally. And it'll definitely take a couple of weeks to get my order, especially since FedEx packages are typically spending about a week in the local warehouse before they're delivered.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
SS109 5.56x45 penetrator. For you .223 users. Might want to get some Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At $15 for box of 50 rounds of brass cased 9mm (and their ammo is SOLID and shipped fee), I was tempted. But I've got about 4k rounds so I grudgingly took a pass. Those prices were the first that I thought were almost reasonable. Barring some national run on ammo (always a possibility), I think that will be the new NORM(A; see what I did there?) within a few months...

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
At $15 for box of 50 rounds of brass cased 9mm (and their ammo is SOLID and shipped fee)...

Sadly, that price is no longer available, cheapest 9 is $17.99, still free shipping for over $150.

https://normashooting.com/prod...caliber/handgun/9mm/

I've got lots of 9, my most recent buy was a case of GECO thanks to another thread. It's now $16.99/bx with free shipping for over $200:

https://www.ammoshoponline.com...r/handgun/9mm-luger/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Yup deal days are over. Frown

Posts: 2154 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
At $15 for box of 50 rounds of brass cased 9mm (and their ammo is SOLID and shipped fee)...

Sadly, that price is no longer available, cheapest 9 is $17.99, still free shipping for over $150.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/...9c-7c7bbf745985.html

I've got lots of 9, my most recent buy was a case of GECO thanks to another thread. It's now $16.99/bx with free shipping for over $200:

https://www.ammoshoponline.com...r/handgun/9mm-luger/

In fairness, $15/box WAS a black Friday sale that was extended for a few days. But I think $15/box will be back, might take a few months, but I DO wonder how much lower it will go.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I found Normas Whitetail line .270 Win 130gr SP and .308 Win 150gr SP for $25 a box today locally.
I bought all the boxes they would allow.
That is about $10 a box cheaper than Normas website.

Considering I have not even seen much .270 under $45 a box in awhile I could not resist.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
Yup deal days are over. Frown

I scored 2,375 rounds of Winchester M193 5.56 for just under $.38 a round earlier this week. There's deals out there...

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
From a business or personal transaction?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
My case of Norma 9mm showed up yesterday. Can’t wait to get to the range and try it out.

posted Hide Post
their M193 is now $489 shipped (+ tax) for 1K rounds

ammo can included

https://www.ammoshoponline.com...hipping-insurance-2/

-------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig209,

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx dropped off a case of 124 gr 9mm today.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
their M193 is now $489 shipped (+ tax) for 1K rounds

ammo can included

https://www.ammoshoponline.com...hipping-insurance-2/

-------------------------------

correction:

ammo is not in can as depicted on the website.

came in (5) sealed 'sleeves' of 200 rds each.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
62gr 5.56 is $462.42 per 1k rounds shipped (add 20 boxes to your cart and use the coupon code Christmas10).

https://normashooting.com/shop...rma-tactical-qty-50/

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norma Shooting has a 10% off promo code good through January 2nd. Code is 2022.

Posts: 232 | Location: NC | Registered: May 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post