SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    LAX Ammunition?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LAX Ammunition? Login/Join 
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted
I was looking for 17 WSM ammunition and they were the least-costly source on AmmoSeek. Never heard of them so I wanted to see if anybody has feedback. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owned by Freedom Munitions

Posts: 1048 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from them a few times with no issues on the ordering or shooting side.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Thank you both. I just placed an order.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
They are also used extensively by one of the larger indoor ranges in my area.

They're GTG.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Owned by Freedom Munitions

It's the other way around. Freedom Munitions went bankrupt, and LAX Ammo bought most of what was left of FM. I heard some of the former employees of FM started 2AWarehouse.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...under-new-ownership/

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
One of my orders wasn't packaged well, rounds beat to hell. They took it back but it took a lot of work.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
One of my orders wasn't packaged well, rounds beat to hell. They took it back but it took a lot of work.
Good to know. Well, this is the first time ordering from them, so I'm hoping for the best.

posted Hide Post
Have not ordered since the price increase. No issues. One of the few place that carries 44 special at a reasonable price.

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I used LAX 5 times since April.

No issues at all and I live in a state that makes it hard on them.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Just got delivery and everything is fine-including packaging. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Edit: I forgot to add they were $10.00/box less-costly than SG Ammo. LAX might be my new go-to store.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Opus Dei,

Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
SG Ammo and their cheesy fear-mongering emails have turned me off of them.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ordered from LAX ammo and had no complaints. Cool

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
I used LAX 5 times since April.

No issues at all and I live in a state that makes it hard on them.

How is much shipping charges to CT? SG free shipping seemed to help my last order.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I got 125 rds of buck shot 12.95 shipping and 1000 rds xtac 855 for 23.99 shipping. The other orders fell with in those.

So its not fixed rate, and free shipping would be better but things are tough.

I also like global ordinance with there free shipping code from ar15.com some times that makes the difference.

Also used Miwall a couple times last year on some tula 7.62x39 and that price was incredible at the time but they don't always have competitive pricing.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UKCatman
posted Hide Post
I've used them several times (always buying bulk boxes). Most of what I have bought is 380ACP and 9mm and I've had zero issues with them.

Rob

Posts: 15 | Location: WA State | Registered: January 26, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post