SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    5.56 and .223 ammo reappearing at Bass Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.56 and .223 ammo reappearing at Bass Pro Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
Went into the local one (Bristol, TN) and they had a whole shelf full of Herter's (Cabela's private label) .223, WWB in both M193 and M855, and some Federal American Eagle. Not cheap, let alone a bargain, but at least they had it.

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Went into the local one (Bristol, TN) and they had a whole shelf full of Herter's (Cabela's private label) .223, WWB in both M193 and M855, and some Federal American Eagle. Not cheap, let alone a bargain, but at least they had it.

You might want to check Norma’s website…it’s cheaper than the big box stores around here…

https://normashooting.com/shop...5a&mc_eid=c1bbad495e

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was pleasantly surprised that Bass Pro by me had 9mm 50 round boxes of Herter's for only $16.99 and a 5 box limit. Most places only allow 2 boxes as a limit but other stores price(s) are insane comparatively and you can barely afford the 2 boxes.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Be aware on some Herter's:

PRODUCT WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE
HERTER'S™ 9mm Luger 115 grain FMJ (manufactured by WINCHESTER®)

Herter's is recalling the following lots of 9mm Luger 115 grain Full Metal Jacket pistol ammunition.

Symbol: HRT9A
Lot Numbers: SC13LD44, SC13LD45, SD10LD44, SD10LD45

https://winchester.com/support...-Luger-115-gr-Recall

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Thanks for the heads up. I checked and I am good to go.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They said a couple years ago after the merger that they were doing away with the Herters brand, so its interesting that it STILL is being made....

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post