SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Normashoooting.com $14.99 per 50 of 9mm , free shipping over $150
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Normashoooting.com $14.99 per 50 of 9mm , free shipping over $150 Login/Join 
Picture of Austin228
posted
www.Ammoshoponline.com they have some other 9mm for like $16.49 and up for 50 (Geco and some Norma)

1000 round deals for veterans day are up too

www.normashooting.com
has pretty good prices on the ammo they have

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up

best case price i've seen in a while

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to post via ammoseek. $322 with free shipping. Have to pay tax, so for me it would be $344 shipped. I'm set for 9mm, but Norma is good ammo, and folks have told me their brass is great for reloading...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've heard from people who received their orders that the "Lead Core Bi-Metal Jacket FMJ" is definitely magnetic, in case you go to an indoor range that prohibits that.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I've heard from people who received their orders that the "Lead Core Bi-Metal Jacket FMJ" is definitely magnetic, in case you go to an indoor range that prohibits that.

in the description it notes the magnetism

Description
Additional information

NORMA 9mm 124 Gr FMJ

Military-grade White Box Range Ammo

KEY FEATURES

Caliber: 9mm Luger
Weight: 124 grain
Case: Reloadable Brass
Projectile: Lead Core Bi-Metal Jacket FMJ (Jacket may attract magnet but projectile is NOT steel core)
Quantity: 1000 rounds per b

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Dumb question-- why would a range not want that?

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Presumably a steel core bullet could damage the range’s backstop

Or steel targets if those are on the premises

————————————————-

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thanks. It does say this in the ad:

Projectile: Lead Core Bi-Metal Jacket FMJ (Jacket may attract magnet but projectile is NOT steel core)

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
May means maybe it will, maybe it won't. I'm telling everyone that based on reports from buyers who received their orders that you should expect it to be magnetic.

I've never been to one, but I hear that some ranges neither allow steel core bullets nor steel casings and will run a magnet over customers' ammo to check.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
May means maybe it will, maybe it won't. I'm telling everyone that based on reports from buyers who received their orders that you should expect it to be magnetic.

I've never been to one, but I hear that some ranges neither allow steel core bullets nor steel casings and will run a magnet over customers' ammo to check.

Yep several ranges in my area run the magnet over shooter supplied ammo and if magnetic will not be allowed to be used. Others could care less.

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Steel cased bullets spark when hitting rocks / backstops and ricochet when hitting steel targets, so a lot of ranges don’t like them much.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I knew about steel casings (instead of brass) but I did not know about steel cased (jacketed) bullets.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It seems "bi-metal" can refer to at least a couple different things: Thin copper plating over steel, or a copper/zinc alloy known as "Tombac."

Should I shoot Bi Metal Ammunition

What exactly is a Bi-metal jacket?

The copper-over-steel would be a no-no. The Tombac would be ok.

If the stuff's magnetic, it's copper-over-steel. Allegedly mild steel, but still...

I just sent a heads' up to a friend to whom I'd referred these sales. I hope he didn't buy any, yet.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Thanks. It does say this in the ad:

FYI -- received mine.

bullets from the Norma 'white box' do not attract magnet.

ymmv --

---------------------------------

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
if you look like there is 5 slightly duplicate versions of this thread lol

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Today NormaShooting.com has 124gr 9mm FMJ brass casing, red box (they also have white box bulk packaging) for $14.99 per 50rd box. Shipping & insurance are free on orders over $150. This is the best price I've seen in the past 12 months.

https://normashooting.com/shop...orma-range-training/

Not sure where it's made. I've bought Norma red box before that said "Made in Switzerland". I heard others say theirs was made in Hungary.

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
updated thread for black friday deals, Ammoshoponline is like 15.45 I think per 50 for GECO today, but norma is cheaper at 14.99

Also I see some interesting ammo at Norma Online "dual use" for PCCs and Pistols that has 496 FT-LB of energy which is like 357SIG levels, I bet its pretty flat shooting due to the velocity and is 50/$16.50

https://normashooting.com/shop...etition-ammo-qty-50/

posted Hide Post
Just ordered 1000 rounds of the Norma. Thanks for the information!

Posts: 1714 | Location: CO | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
updated thread for black friday deals, Ammoshoponline is like 15.45 I think per 50 for GECO today, but norma is cheaper at 14.99

Also I see some interesting ammo at Norma Online "dual use" for PCCs and Pistols that has 496 FT-LB of energy which is like 357SIG levels, I bet its pretty flat shooting due to the velocity and is 50/$16.50

https://normashooting.com/shop...etition-ammo-qty-50/

I bet the ballistics were measured out of muzzle of PCC instead of normal 4 inch barrrel for handgun ballistics. The much longer barrel would account for ballistics they claim.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
yea I wonder probably would be like a 16 inch barrel or something