SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P 9mm ($560.00 per 1k rounds shipped) and 165gr .40 S&W ($427.50 per 950 rounds shipped)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P 9mm ($560.00 per 1k rounds shipped) and 165gr .40 S&W ($427.50 per 950 rounds shipped) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Non-duty means the ammunition failed to meet certain test standards- velocity, standard deviation, OAL, accuracy- something like that.

This unboxed ammunition has no lot number for you to reference with Speer in the event of an issue.

Be careful, gentleman

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Or it was contract overrun just as the owner stated. Do you honestly think they'd put 200k rounds of problem ammo on the market? And that was just 9mm 124gr +P GD. They also sold at least 100k rounds of 165gr .40 GD's and 100k rounds of HST packaged the same way. 100+ five star reviews.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Reclassified ammunition gets sold all the time. There was a dealer here in the forum around 2010 selling reclassified ammunition. He sold many cases of the very same ammunition we're talking about now. The difference is, that ammunition came in boxes, with the lot number stamped on them.

I had a case of it from him. The ammunition seemed fine except when fired side by side with the 124 grain +P GD I bought off the shelf in a gunstore. When doing so, I could feel that the reclassified stuff was lighter on the recoil.

They're not calling this ammunition "non-duty" for no reason.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Yep!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's the stuff. Good to see you, Tom.

SIG228, I've no doubt you wouldn't be dealing with people you don't trust. The ammo in question is almost certainly safe to shoot, but in some way, it didn't come up to spec. The lack of a lot number concerns me. In the photo above, you can see the lot number, so, even reclassified ammo should have a lot number.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I measured the velocities of some of the ammunition being discussed and reported the results here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...090041484#4090041484

I started a separate thread because not everyone who may be interested would necessarily see it posted here.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info, much appreciated.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Ordered my case on Wednesday and it arrived today.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The thread in the Ammunition section has been updated with the results of an accuracy test of this ammunition.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Put 84 rounds of this through 2-20rd Shield mags and two different Glock 17s without any issues. Groups looked good, but we're talking approx 12 yards.

So far so good.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post