SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Why is .40 S&W falling back into favor? (Cheaper than 9MM )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is .40 S&W falling back into favor? (Cheaper than 9MM ) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Because right now at sgammo.com,

PMC Bronze 9MM 115gr is $399.00/case with free shipping

and PMC Bronze .40 S&W 180gr is $379.00/case with free shipping.

Isn't life interesting? Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammo has been all over the place... show up and look for the deal, not the caliber.

Locally,
9mm is 19.99
They HAD some .40 for 16.49

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
its cheaper because it isnt selling as well. So its not back in favor.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
its cheaper because it isnt selling as well. So its not back in favor.

Pretty much because of the internet keyboard commandos that are telling everyone that it’s “a for shit caliber” because of its “snappy” recoil Roll Eyes …it’s a 100% viable and usable caliber…people compare it to 9MM…I just think it would better to compare it to a .45 ACP light…I for one don’t want to be the receiving end of it…if you don’t reload for it I’m glad to see on the shelves when other “mainstream” calibers are hard to find in this bullshit time we have been thrust into Roll Eyes

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a hoot to shoot out of my blown out old 2nd gen Glock 22.

The .40 is fine.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Fine either way, I have a 9mm conversion kit for my .40 Shield.

And to me I really didn’t notice that much difference between the calibers at least with that gun.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Not a bad deal...

1000 Round Case - 40 Cal PMC 165 Grain FMJ Ammo
$379.00

https://www.sgammo.com/product...5-grain-fmj-ammo-40d

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Fine either way, I have a 9mm conversion kit for my .40 Shield.

Same here…just to keep all bases covered “in the event of” I’ve got a Lone Wolf Alphawolf 9MM conversion barrel for my G27 coming in on Friday…like an idiot I purchased a BCA G26 9MM barrel (inexpensive) to swap out with the .40 barrel…some say it will swap out without issue, some say it won’t…I will give it to my cousin for his G26 for him to use with his cast bullets…I feel better using a dedicated barrel listed as a “conversion” barrel rather than taking a chance…if I reloaded for .357 SIG I would also add a conversion barrel for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I'm going to pick up some 180gr. As for .40, I feel like an alpha shooting my heavy a$$ Sig P229.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post