SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22LR. You have got to be kidding me!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22LR. You have got to be kidding me!!!! Login/Join 
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
I stopped by my local Walmart this week at about 9 AM and found that they had almost two dozen 325-round boxes of Federal AutoMatch (40 grain LRN) on the shelf. I picked up my three box limit at $17.73 a box. Even the employees seemed pretty surprised that they had so much ammo in stock.

I've made it a habit of stopping there in the mornings and found a few boxes of .308 and .30-60 hunting ammo for normal prices (~$1/round).

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 881 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
How does Walmart sell AutoMatch for $17.73 when Federal sells it for $29.99 on their website?

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Lose a little on every sale and make it up in volume.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Eley at CMP is now $134 - $170 a brick. RWS is about $100 a brick.

Ouch.

-shooter

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Black:
I stopped by my local Walmart this week at about 9 AM and found that they had almost two dozen 325-round boxes of Federal AutoMatch (40 grain LRN) on the shelf. I picked up my three box limit at $17.73 a box. Even the employees seemed pretty surprised that they had so much ammo in stock.

Just stopped by Walmart again and found a fresh shipment of ammo. Picked up three more 325-round boxes of Federal AutoMatch (40 grain LRN) but the price has gone up a little bit to $21.16 / box.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 881 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
When I was in a Walmart, recently, the ammo shelves were completely bare.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Same here

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Turns out my Kimber 1911 Rimfire Target only really likes the higher-velocity stuff. I'm in decent shape in that respect, but I'd like to replace what I shoot. One on-line retailer is showing CCI Mini-Mags and Remington Golden Saber for 18¢/round!

I recall paying that for WWB 9mm a few years back Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can purchase cheaper direct from CCI. They have available as I type this for $0.12 per round.

CCI .22lr

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

My experience also, although I don't go there very often.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
You can purchase cheaper direct from CCI. They have available as I type this for $0.12 per round.

CCI .22lr

Thanks for the hint.

I had actually found that by myself and was wondering if it was legit. I guess now I know Smile

ETA: Done! That should feed my Kimber for a while Big Grin