SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    AIM: ZQI NICKEL-PLATED STEEL CASE 9MM 124 GRN FMJ for $340/1000 Free Ship
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AIM: ZQI NICKEL-PLATED STEEL CASE 9MM 124 GRN FMJ for $340/1000 Free Ship Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Q,

Have you used this ammo yet or other ammo from that manufacturer?

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to give a case a try. Thanks for the heads up Q.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've never shot any of their 9mm and this may be apples vs oranges, but I used to have a bunch of ZQI 7.62x51 147gr ball that was noticeably under-powered compared to standard NATO spec ammo. To the point that I had to close the gas regulator on my FAL completely to make it cycle the stuff.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, never tried it before. Just saw the AIM email notification of the deal, so I figured I'll give someone a heads up. Been occupied with little things all day, I might give it a try.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’ll start with this…I’ve never shot ZQI 9MM steel…but I’ve shot a lot of their brass 7.62X51 back in the day when WallyWorld sold any ammo other than .22 or shotgun shells Roll Eyes and they were really good in a bolt gun…I wouldn’t worry too much about their 9MM ammo even in steel cased…I’ve been satisfied with their overall quality…but as in all things YMMV Wink…This being said…that’s a good deal in this day and time.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's not a bad price these days, and hopefully a sign that other manufacturers will be stepping up to fill the void in steel cased ammo caused by the Russian ammo import ban.

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post