SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    $1/box Winchester Xpert Shotshells - Wal-Mart Clearance + Rebate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$1/box Winchester Xpert Shotshells - Wal-Mart Clearance + Rebate Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
2020 Edit: Back again for 2020! See my 8/31/20 post below for the 2020 rebate form.

While buying groceries today, I found that my local Wal-Mart had their 12 gauge Winchester Super X Xpert High Velocity Steel shotshells on clearance for $3/box. (Normally $10.42)

#2 shot UPC 020892015616
#4 shot UPC 020892015654

That's a pretty good deal itself, but even better, there's a $2/box rebate for these Winchester Xpert Waterfowl shells right now. So they're effectively $1/box after rebate!

Here's the rebate form:
https://media.mwstatic.com/cms...ert_coupon-rules.pdf

I bought 20 boxes (a case each of the #2 and #4), since the max rebate is 20 boxes. $20 total, after rebate. 90% off retail price. Not too shabby. Big Grin

Goes great with one of the $124 Wal-Mart clearance Remington 11-87s... A semiauto shotgun and 500 duck hunting shells for under $150, just in time for the upcoming duck season.

I'm not sure if this shotshell clearance is just at some stores, or at all Wal-Marts, but it's worth checking out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
JSK, keep those linked deals coming. I got the 11-87 I didn’t need, will keep an eye on ammo. No need for much steel shot these days.

I did buy some 16 ga shells marked down, but still $7 a box, Walmart. Thanks for the effort.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Bump for a second round in 2020!

Walmart is again clearancing their Xpert Steel shells for $3/box, and Winchester is again running a $2/box rebate: https://winchester.com/Rebates...0-Xpert-Steel-Rebate

So head to your local Wal-Mart, grab yourself twenty $3 boxes of Xpert High Velocity Steel shells, fill out the rebate form, mail the form in with your receipt and the 20 UPCs cut from the boxes, and enjoy your 500 shells for $20. Big Grin

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow what a deal and I am stuck at home battling this stupid kidney stone

These also make great HD rounds
(At least in my opinion)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
These also make great HD rounds
(At least in my opinion)

No birdshot would be my first choice for defensive use due to insufficient penetration, and with steel being lighter than lead the penetration would be even less than usual with these specific shells. But it certainly beats harsh words or a pointy stick if it's your only alternative...

Another thing to keep in mind if using steel shot for home defense is ricochet risk. Steel shot is more likely to ricochet off hard surfaces like brick, rock, concrete, or metal than lead, and some of those pellets may end up going somewhere unintended, or even back at the shooter.

All things considered, I would recommend sticking to proven defensive loads of #4 Buck or larger for home defense.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Hevi-Duty (frangible) Buckshot loads by Hevi-Shot is a good choice, for those wanting the advantages of a tight pattern and minimal penetration beyond the offender. Personally, I use the #4 Buck loads in my Beretta 1301 Comp.

https://www.hevishot.com/catalog/hevi-duty/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Standing at the ammo at local Walmart and they aren’t on sale Frown

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Standing at the ammo at local Walmart and they aren’t on sale Frown

Couple things:

1. Many/most, but not all, Walmarts will have them on clearance.

2. Not all stores with them on clearance will have the clearance prices marked on the shelves.

When in doubt, have an employee scan them to check the price.

You can also use a Walmart inventory/price database site like Brickseek to help see if any stores in your area have them in stock, and if they're marked down. (Just understand that these 3rd party inventory websites aren't always 100% accurate, so you may sometimes run into a situation where Brickseek says it's in stock but it isn't, or vice versa.)

Here are the Brickseek links. You'll need to plug in your zip code and hit the blue Check Inventory button, then once the new screen loads, scroll down to see local stores' inventory and pricing.

#2 shot: https://brickseek.com/walmart-...2015616&sku=37955445

#4 shot: https://brickseek.com/walmart-...2015654&sku=37955449

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue, #2 has limited stock which can mean only one left but dang at that price its worth a short trip.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wal Marts in my area do this clearance stuff every now and then but I’m always too late. You’d better be walking by at the exact moment they put out the clearance sign or it’s gone.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The Wal Marts in my area do this clearance stuff every now and then but I’m always too late. You’d better be walking by at the exact moment they put out the clearance sign or it’s gone.

Unfortunately, word of these "behind the scenes" inventory sites like Brickseek has gotten out, and it seems like certain folks with plenty of time on their hands have learned to camp out on the sites and wait for clearance deals to drop, then go clear them out of everything immediately.

Especially on guns/ammo/knives/optics/etc., many of which are ending up getting resold for full price at gun shows or Armslist.

There's similar inventory sites for Lowes/Home Depot, and the process is being repeated for clearance tools, most of which end up getting gobbled up quickly and then flipped on Craigslist/eBay.

But sometimes, if you're lucky enough, you can beat them to the punch. Plus, some Walmarts have started implementing limits on things like clearance gun sales, so one guy can't come in and buy up all 12 of the 60% off hunting rifles at once, or the like.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Well, not quite the steal as SuperX steel for $1 but I dropped by WM today to see if they had any other ammo deals. I got Federal Top Gun 410 7.5s for under $7 a box. They are normally $12-13. Bought a dozen boxes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post