SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    9mm "practice grade" ammo is cheaper than it's ever been.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm "practice grade" ammo is cheaper than it's ever been. Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted
time to buy, buy, buy.

Seriously on an inflation adjusted basis, 9mm ammo is cheaper than ever, and I think the risk of it going up beats the risk of it going lower in price.
buy, buy, buy!!!

$7.99 per box and even cheaper if you want to mess with a rebate or something.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
prices are starting to climb and I have no money to buy anymore ammo Frown

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2001 I was buying 115gr brass cased for $3.86 per 50. So no it’s not it’s cheapest.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
No Kidding. I bought 4 cases of Federal American Eagle 124 and 147 last year during the 25 percent off rebate and it was $7.10 a box of 50 after rebate. I expect prices will start increasing noticeably sometime in 2020, maybe even earlier.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JG:
Back in 2001 I was buying 115gr brass cased for $3.86 per 50. So no it’s not it’s cheapest.
You are correct. Per the Consumer Price Index, prices in 2018 were 41.79% higher than in 2001, so the $3.86 box of ammo should have increased to only $5.47 in 2018. But we all know ammo was and is more than that, so the increase in price is due to inflation PLUS other factors.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ammo may be a bit more expensive but Holy Cow guns are cheap...

I bought a Beretta 92 back in the 80s when the Army was 'new' to Berettas...

That gun was like $600 back then ~1988

which would be like $1,200 now as opposed to around $500 current street price for a plain Jane 92FS

and $500 ARs ?? wow

------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
...Holy Cow guns are cheap...

$500 ARs ?? wow

30 years ago, I would have never believed that in 2019 AK-47s would become expensive, and that AR pattern rifles would be fill the budget price point. You can put together a decent AR-15 for ~$350 now, thanks to places like PSA. When you adjust for inflation, that's a lot cheaper than what a budget AK cost in 1989.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Federal ammo rebate deals ended on 3.31.19.
Any reason to think they will return sometime soon? I stocked up but will run out eventually.

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HODY905:
The Federal ammo rebate deals ended on 3.31.19.
Any reason to think they will return sometime soon? I stocked up but will run out eventually.

If / when they end up with a surplus of ammo sitting on the shelves, the rebates will be back.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
ammo may be a bit more expensive but Holy Cow guns are cheap...

I bought a Beretta 92 back in the 80s when the Army was 'new' to Berettas...

That gun was like $600 back then ~1988

which would be like $1,200 now as opposed to around $500 current street price for a plain Jane 92FS

and $500 ARs ?? wow

That's a good point. Other than some of the higher end revolvers that I like, guns are certainly cheap.

By the way, one of my regrets in life was not getting a 92FS back in 1990 when I had 2 friends who bought one. They tried to convince me, but I didn't listen. I stuck to my L-frames instead. I guess it's not too late, but I've moved on from SA/DA personally.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post