SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Are ammo prices returning to reality?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are ammo prices returning to reality? Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
While prices are still elevated, the supply is improving.

Downside is those persons caught shorthanded will continue to now stockup and keep prices elevated. This scenario will continue in view of the current political and social crime-ridden climate.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Well, 9mm is almost 50% lower than 6 months ago and heading lower. So, the trend continues back down.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Multiple sellers have 9mm brass at $20/box or .40/round. Still double what it was before the last craziness, but way below the ridiculous panic prices.

Prices are coming down because supply is increasing and demand is falling, at least at the higher prices. This trend will continue.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah i almost feel bad for the various ammo vendors

they weren't the 'cause' of the massive price increases -- they were caught in the shortage just as the public was ...

hard to run a business with inventory / prices as volatile as the past year has played out.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I talked to an Ammo vendor at the last Gun Show I attended and he told me he needed to unload his present inventory fast or else he would end up losing money on it because the prices were falling fast.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 6 boxes (the limit) of Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ last Friday for $ 15.99 per box at a Rural King. Clerk was telling another employee that they would be receiving a full truck load in the next couple of weeks.

Posts: 238 | Location: SW OH | Registered: September 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I talked to an Ammo vendor at the last Gun Show I attended and he told me he needed to unload his present inventory fast or else he would end up losing money on it because the prices were falling fast.

I'm sure most of us don't feel too sorry for those vendors.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Maybe 9mm is getting cheaper, but forget trying to find 12ga slugs or buck at anything approaching sane prices. Maybe it was a buck or more a round before the panic and I wouldn’t know. I bought a Benelli last week and “assumed” prices would be falling there as well. Yeah right.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Maybe 9mm is getting cheaper, but forget trying to find 12ga slugs or buck at anything approaching sane prices. Maybe it was a buck or more a round before the panic and I wouldn’t know. I bought a Benelli last week and “assumed” prices would be falling there as well. Yeah right.

https://www.targetsportsusa.co...rbt129-p-111779.aspx

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Random data point:
My local LGS had quite a bit of the Federal fmj 9mm for $24.99/50rds a couple days ago.

I left all of it there, but did buy ten boxes of Rio 00 buckshot for $6.99 each. It was the last of it they had at the time.

Posts: 7484 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a local Bass Pro the other day and they had 9mm fmj -50 rounds for $16.99/box. I almost bought some but really didn't need any at the time. I am surprised at how much gun items/ammo. they have at reasonable prices. They were always the store where you looked at what you wanted to get and then go elsewhere to get it. Now they seem to be my go to spot.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I was at a local Bass Pro the other day and they had 9mm fmj -50 rounds for $16.99/box. I almost bought some but really didn't need any at the time. I am surprised at how much gun items/ammo. they have at reasonable prices. They were always the store where you looked at what you wanted to get and then go elsewhere to get it. Now they seem to be my go to spot.

17 bucks a box is about as good as it gets. was there a limit. you should have bought it!!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
One of the bigger LGS here had an ad on the radio this morning, $19.99/50rd box for Blazer Brass 115gr 9mm. Limit of one case per "household" per week. That's still $400 a case, twice what I paid a year and a half ago, but a lot better than it's been for the last year.

And, I got an email from PVI a couple days ago, they have .45-70 brass back in stock. Still not much powder though - some, but not what I'm looking for.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
One of the bigger LGS here had an ad on the radio this morning, $19.99/50rd box for Blazer Brass 115gr 9mm. Limit of one case per "household" per week. That's still $400 a case, twice what I paid a year and a half ago, but a lot better than it's been for the last year.

And, I got an email from PVI a couple days ago, they have .45-70 brass back in stock. Still not much powder though - some, but not what I'm looking for.

It was just a couple weeks ago and the limit was 2 boxes of 50.
Upping it to a case limit is a step in the right direction.
Maybe they are trying to dump ammo before they take a loss.
The last case of that ammo I bought from there was $160

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post