SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Are ammo prices returning to reality?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are ammo prices returning to reality? Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Yes - others have said the same but I guess we'll see. But however it goes (and I hope for the best but that hasn't helped much lately) - one thing with the group buy, it's an "in" to a supply line that many others will not be able to access.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Think so....my LGS told me manufacturers announce a price increase for June.

ATK was going up 12% or 14% IIRC in July. They changed it to June a few weeks back. There was another company doing the same but I don't remember.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
lets not cry wolf. Supply and demand will dictate the price. Manufacturers raising prices to cover raw material increase are not what has got us in to crazy territory. It will get back to normal. Just do not contribute to the non-sense and things will be fine soon.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
But in my experience, it's a real stretch to classify loads with FMJ bullets as "match grade".

Atlanta Arms makes that claim with their:

"Elite Ammo - 9mm 115GR FMJ Match AMU
This ammunition is designed for extreme accuracy at 50 yards.

This ammo is used by the Army Marksmanship Unit and the Marine Service Pistol team for service pistol matches.

Accuracy test requirement: 5 ten-shot groups at 50 yards with an average group size not to exceed 1.5 inches."

https://youtu.be/nE6ronSKtms <--- video

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
100 Round Box - 9mm Luger Winchester FMJ 115 grain Value Pack Ammo - USA9MMVP - Limit 3
$69.95
https://www.sgammo.com/product...ck-ammo-usa9mmvp-lim

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Just bought 10 boxes of CCI Maxi Mag .22 WMR ammo for $16.50/box

It's coming down all right.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was T Cabelas in Scarborough Maine today. After the morning rush. T
They had 500 rounds of 9mm Winchester for $154.
Lots of other ammo. I was looking for primers none found.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mills Fleet and Farm-50 round box of Remington 9mm 124 gr FMJ for $17.99. They had 2 boxes left, and I got one. One box per customer.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I subscribe to several ammo dealers email distro and noticed lately they've been sending out weekly or even twice weekly emails with lots more product in stock and not just weird oddball stuff or some corrosive old Soviet bullshit dug up from a warehouse in Siberia.

Prices aren't great but they DO seem to be slowly coming down and more and more ammo in recognizable calibers and by mainstream manufacturers are showing up.

It would appear that supply is FINALLY starting to catch up with demand.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supply seems to be coming back slowly. The question is, when do these companies stop price gouging? It will likely take a while for ammo to sit on someone's store shelf before that happens. At the current 2A alarm level, that could be quite some time.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
My son in Rapid City, SD (Air Force) bought the limit of 10 boxes/20 rounds Tulammo .223 (steel case) at $9.99 each today. The store was Scheel's, and he said they sold out quickly.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2827 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Ammoseek showing GECO TMJ brass cased 115gn 9mm for 48.6 cents per round today. Prices are coming down.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCI and Federal increased the prices on their web pages over the weekend.

CCI increased 22 lr by $1 per box (both 50 rd & 100 rd up by a $1).

Federal increased their 9mm fmj by $2 per 50 rd box.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Ammoseek showing GECO TMJ brass cased 115gn 9mm for 48.6 cents per round today. Prices are coming down.

Yep. Expect .27-.30 cents to be the bottom with the raw material price increases.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Yep. Expect .27-.30 cents to be the bottom with the raw material price increases.

Sounds good to me. I'll buy multiple cases when we hit the 30s. Won't get down to 20 cents again I imagine, but 30s are close enough.

posted Hide Post
Sold well over 15,000 rounds of 5.56, and a bunch of 9mm and .45 for well over what I paid but well bellow current cost earlier in the year. Literally I would form an ad, hit post, and have whatever I was selling sold pending $ within 5 min. Last sale was some old mil. .308 that I was asking for .70/cents. When I'd started selling ammo it was at $1.00 a round and up for steel cased, and this was brass. But it didn't sell right away. Looked it up on ammoseek and the price was down to what I was asking.

Good to see prices down and supply should keep going up. The reminder that Para tossed out couple years back holds up though, stock up again when prices go down, this won't be the last panic.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up four boxes - 50 round boxes - Blaser Brass 9mm FMJ - for $17.99/box at Academy in Vally Ranch TX - NE of Houston. Last week the same store had WWB Nato 124 for $24/box.

They had about 4k of various 9mm FMJs and a good amount of 5.56 and 7.62x39. If you hit Academy mid week in the AM you can regularly find ammo at near pre-Covid prices.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
9mm Remington FMJ brass cased .40 cents a round

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/245027

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
https://www.sgammo.com/product...-grain-fmj-ammo-5200

more 9mm brass-cased at 40 cents/round

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I Have not found any ammo prices to return to normal. It seems the best prices are now twice the price of normal and some places selling 3-4 times the price of what was normal.

I have stopped shooting due to ammo prices and because I have not set my reloading equipment back up yet. I have always never shot unless I can replace my ammo stock with what I shoot. I prefer to keep the ammo I have. I hope to wait this out and prices come down.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post