SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Lost Identity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost Identity Login/Join 
posted
I went to sign in under Jager - my userid -and no luck. I request an email at my **edited**@yahoo.com address. It tells me my userid is "Sig226".

How do I get my long held userid back?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 4 | Registered: December 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Recommend you edit your OP and obfuscate your email address.

Unless you like spam and scam email, that is Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That user ID is under a diffferent email address. Which state are you in?

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I realized my failure - and remembered my password. All is well.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But here I am again...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Meaning what? You can have only one user ID. What do you mean "here I am again"?

posted Hide Post
All is well with my account..."Jager".

But now, somehow, I am also "Sig226"...with the same email address.

posted Hide Post
Para, I don't know what happened. I forgot my password. I requested an email to reset my password. It showed my userid as Sig226 (which is cool, btw). I thought it was a glitch, but I changed the password so I could at least log in and ask what happened. I see my Jager account still exists, but now I'm Sig226. Checked and both accounts have the same email.

I'm back in my Jager account...I'm happy...all is well.

However, I incidentally now have a second account, Sig226...that has the same email. Apparently Sig226 joined in 2000 also, but never posted until now. I'm being facetious, but I want you to see what I think I'm seeing and maybe you can identify what happened.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It is not possible for two accounts to have the same email address and no member of this forum is permitted to have more than one account. I'm going to disable the Sig226 account.

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I'm just going to post under my longheld account, Jager.

The Sig226 account can go away. I hope I didn't mess anything up. That was not my intention.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post