SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Should I ask to delete?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I ask to delete? Login/Join 
posted
I posted a couple thread subjects that no one seems to be interested in any more. Should I ask to have them deleted or do I let them ride?

Thanks

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you want to delete it, then delete it, if no one has posted in the thread.

If someone already posted in the thread, and you still want to delete it (but can't), then edit to erase your OP.

Or, just let it ride to the bottom.

Not sure why you need to ask. Confused

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You don't need to specifically ask to have old threads deleted. If nobody is posting to that topic anymore, the thread will gradually drift to pages further back on the forum, and after ~6 months of no activity, the forum software automatically removes the old thread to save space.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir; that was the main reason I was asking; I'll just let the system clear it out when it expires.
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You don't need to specifically ask to have old threads deleted. If nobody is posting to that topic anymore, the thread will gradually drift to pages further back on the forum, and after ~6 months of no activity, the forum software automatically removes the old thread to save space.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post