SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    I don’t see the videos oddball posts.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don’t see the videos oddball posts. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
For some time now when oddball evidently embeds a video all I see is a large blank area between the bottom of his comments and the line above his signature. I use Firefox and no special ad or popup blocker. When a popup is blocked I get a notice, but I’m not seeing that now. His are the only ones I see/don’t see like that.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

An example is in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...5/m/4940019274/p/342

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The video in question is an embedded Twitter tweet.
It is likely not showing on account of a browser security setting.

This may shed some light.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...260040894#1260040894

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Okay, thanks. I missed your earlier explanation.
Now I'll know in the future what the reason is.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Since Patrick-SP2022 posted a January thread on how to embed a Twitter post, I have been using that for the few Tweets I posted. I used to use a screenshot prior, but find that the embedding is useful for videos instead of clicking on a link. On all other videos, I use youtube (reluctantly) and Rumble.

What I will do in future Tweets is to also provide a link.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I am seeing big blank spots in threads more commonly now, but having had this computer and used it for what I want and need for a very long time, I will just steel myself to the disappointment of not seeing what some people believe I should be informed about.

I don't wish to dig into and change some setting that could have unintended results.

But thanks again for the explanation and help

6.4/93.6

— Plato