SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Missing post
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing post Login/Join 
posted
I posted one titled “365 50 round drum magazine” earlier today. It has disappeared, did I break a rule or do something wrong?

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Read this. Should help. Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...250025274#9250025274

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43856 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the input. Obviously I haven’t been around long enough to know all the ins and outs. I am a willing subject/serf in a dictatorship . . . Got it.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CarpeDiem:
I am a willing subject/serf in a dictatorship . . . Got it.
Don't be an asshole. I deleted the post because we don't drive traffic to Cheaper Than Dirt. After Sandy Hook, those thieves were selling AR-15 magazines for more than a hundred bucks apiece.

Did it occur to you to give me a chance to answer, instead of turning into a fucking drama queen? You could have emailed me about this and you would likely have gotten a brief response. Naturally, there was no way for you to know our attitude towards that business, so, I probably would have told you the reason.

Dictatorship? Partner, you can kiss my lily white ass. That is uncalled for.

You let me know when you want to take charge and eat a ration of shit over nothing.

And just so there is no misunderstanding, you should know that the administration of this forum reserves the right to lock, edit, move or delete any posted content, for any reason whatsoever, or no reason at all, and we feel no obligation to provide you with the rationale for any such action we may take, but that doesn't mean that we never explain our actions. If someone appears to be trying to cause trouble, or if they make a habit of asking, they'll probably get silence as a response, but it is not our intent to fuck with members or be dismissive of them, whether or not you believe it.

Posts: 107435 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just coming on to delete the post. It is never my intention to offend you or anyone else. Based on your comments on that website I certainly agree that they shouldn’t be supported, and will not be supported by me. Again, lots of stuff I don’t know. As much as I appreciate the offer I would prefer not to kiss your lily white ass.

posted Hide Post
One other thing. The title of this area is Sig Forum Office. Where member ask questions of the staff. I thought that is where I should post the original problem I was having.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just as the last post says in the thread sigmonkey pointed you to- if there's a problem, I will let you know.

Otherwise, consider it plain old housekeeping. I delete far more posts than most members realize, and most members who get a post deleted don't ask. If I have to explain the reason for every single deletion, that's when you see the admin expressing frustration like you see in that thread.

Someone has to be in charge of a discussion forum. In this forum, that someone happens to be me, and I happen to think I'm a pretty good Goddamned shepherd.

posted Hide Post
My friend I am not disputing or challenging in any way. Glad to be here, willing to learn and hope I have something to offer.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CarpeDiem:
As much as I appreciate the offer I would prefer not to kiss your lily white ass.
Nice attitude. The man treats you with respect and this is how you respond? <smh>

Not cool.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m spending way more time on this that it deserves. Did you read the entire exchange?

1. I asked a question
2. Sig Monkey responded
3. I made a regrettable response (which I went back to remove 9 minutes later).
4. The Mod’s response called me an asshole, a fucking drama queen, eat a ration of shit & suggested I kiss his rear end.
5. I respond basically with Sir, yes sir.

It is his site and you and I are just visitors. My intent with the last comment was to lighten the mood, again not to offend him or you. However, if someone tells you to kiss their ass I suspect your reaction would be similar to mine.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everything's fine. Over the years, I have developed an expectation that virtually everyone who shows up here is an experienced gun person. Along with this is an expectation that everyone here knows about the profiteering reptiles at CTD. Of course, this is not necessarily so, and I realize you meant no harm with posting a link to their site.

To be entirely fair, however, you did refer to this forum as a dictatorship and, by extension, to me as a dictator. This is what got you in hot water. I am not a dictator. Dictators can be deposed. If you wish to think of it in such terms, consider this forum a monarchy. It is certainly not a democracy. That would not work.

Just chalk all of this up to a lesson learned and the matter, closed.