SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Postal Match
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postal Match Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
Para, what are your thoughts on a running thread where we do kind of a "Postal Match"? Say every 2 weeks or so, a downloadable, printable target and course of fire is proposed, those who want to participate shoot the course and post a photo of their target for score. My desire would be to keeping simple...low round count, basic stuff, no prizes or anything, just bragging rights and maybe the winner gets to pick the next course of fire. I envision stuff like "pocket guns at 7 yards at a B8" or "your actual carry gun at 5 yards strong hand only"...stuff like that. Obviously it would have to be on the honor system.

I thought it might be a fun way to get out to the range and have some friendly competition with fellow forum members, but I wanted to run it by you first as I don't want to run afoul of any rules, or if this has been tried before and turned into some kind of moderation disaster I'd rather not repeat that (I don't remember anything like that, but I haven't been around forever). My goal is not to create extra work for you.

Please let me know what you think.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’d enjoy that!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, go ahead

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks! When I get some time tonight I'll post something up in competition/training.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Para, there's been a suggestion in the postal match thread that we might get more participation if we "advertised" in the pistols or rifles section, as not many members frequent the competition/training section. We've got a small group that has been very consistent, and we're having fun with it, but the consensus is that it would be even better if we had more members involved.

What are your thoughts on that? Are you ok with it, and if so, what would be the best way to go about it?

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, disregard for now, I guess. Looks like maybe people were aware of it after all, it just took a more interesting course of fire to get them involved!