SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    I cannot change my profile pic?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot change my profile pic? Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
I link my Imgur image and it shows up in the box but when I hit "submit", it reverts to the old pic (Christmas pic).

Any help would be appreciated.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I removed the old avatar.

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. There is still something amiss. When I enter the link for the customer avatar, it shows up and then disappears when I hit submit. I have used 2 different browsers.

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post

I can post an image however.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Photos and avatars are treated differently due to numbers of hits. Imgur and most other hosting sites don’t allow hotlinked avatars. See this imgur link

Sigforumite Creslin hosts my avatars and many other members’ avatars. Search the lounge and he has instructions.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23198 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not to get too technical, but this is known as a glitch. Angus, email the link to your desired avatar, please, and I will tend to it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like some kind of permissions issue with that file. I can view it when I paste the URL into the address bar of my browser, but when I try to make it your avatar is says "the provided avatar URL does not appear to be accessible".

It might be a problem with your SIGforum account, but my suggestion is to re-create that avatar so the URL is different, and then try again. If that doesn't work, try a new photo host.

Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para for your help. I got it to work with the free hosting provided by creslin. Thanks creslin!

For avatar use, Imgur is not working for me.