SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Selling firearm first time.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling firearm first time. Login/Join 
posted
I'm trying to sell my firearm for first time on forum. What is protocol. Ask for payment by money order or PayPal and when received, ship firearm to buyer,and then process payment. Just want to legit and in agreement with forum rules. I'm honest.
Thanks Clay

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I would process the payment first unless you are really confident in the buyer. BTW, you ship the firearm to an FFL in most cases.

Did you read the rules in the Classifieds?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, agree. I know about fo. Thanks.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Don't use PayPal

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Don't use PayPal

Correct. PayPal does not allow their service to be used for the sale of firearms, so all sorts of interesting things could happen to the payment and your account if used. My suggestion would be a postal money order. Yes, they can be counterfeited, but there is a 1-800 USPS number that you can call to verify funds, as well as a couple distinct watermarks, which can be of some assurance. Still always wise to wait a week to clear, though.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Yep

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a rifle today.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post