SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Question: Charging to ship free stuff.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question: Charging to ship free stuff. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
I have many miscellaneous items that I’ve been thinking of getting rid of and was considering offering them to the membership here. To ship everything I might dispose of, though, could become very expensive and not affordable for me. My question therefore is would it be permissible to offer them for the taking, but with the caveat that the recipient would reimburse me for the shipping costs?

Before a transaction was finalized the amount to be reimbursed would be clearly stated, and I would also state that if someone received something but that it turned out they didn’t want it for any reason or that it wasn’t worth what it cost to ship it to them, they would keep the item and the amount they reimbursed me would be refunded with no questions.

If you give me permission, I don’t know when, or even if for certain I would start making the offers, but I would like to know if it’s something I could consider.

Thank you.

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do with this is up to you.

Posts: 107496 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
All right, thanks.

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
paying $9.00 shipping cost for a $15.00 Item is a bargin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post