SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Training recommendations DFW area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Training recommendations DFW area Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I really want to find an outfit to get some defensive handgun training from. The closer to DFW, TX the better, however traveling to San Antonio or Austin is possible. Thanks guys.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jlw
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlw:
DFW Defensive Training

Palisade Training Group

[url=https://www.firearmstraininghub.com/DFW/?fbclid=IwAR1gcJW-

MsbcaGfE_jANQMgd1W851th3EcMWkGdkWL3n6OdIrnA8O_nKks0]DFW Firearms Training Hub[/url]

Thanks for that, can you personally vouch for one or more of them? Do you have a favorite?

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
When you say "defensive handgun training' what are you looking for? Next step past CHL? what if any training do you already have?
i can direct you to vetted instructors but i would need a better idea of what you want to gain out of training. If you want, you can e-mail me at the address in my profile

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for replying Brad. Well, as for official training… I’ve only taken private lessons a couple of times at Defender Outdoors here in Fort Worth. I’ve been a CHL holder for 25+ years and shoot fairly frequently. In looking at the “professional” trainers out there it seems that the next class after a CHL or fundamentals type class is something akin to “Defensive I”, etc. I’m certainly not against taking a fundamentals type class first.

One kink is that I suffered a broken back years ago and while I have no deficits to speak of, I have had several major surgeries. I’m not that old at 51, but I’m not fast. Razz I guess the best way to put it is that I’m not physically capable of the stuff in the Magpul DVD’s. Lol

Picture of jlw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:
Originally posted by jlw:
DFW Defensive Training

Palisade Training Group

[url=https://www.firearmstraininghub.com/DFW/?fbclid=IwAR1gcJW-

MsbcaGfE_jANQMgd1W851th3EcMWkGdkWL3n6OdIrnA8O_nKks0]DFW Firearms Training Hub[/url]

Thanks for that, can you personally vouch for one or more of them? Do you have a favorite?

I know the guys at Palisade and trust them. They are good to go. One of the Palisade guys owns DFW Defensive Training as a hosting company. If he is hosting someone, they are good to go.

The guys at Hardwired Tactical Shooting as also good to go. You can find them on Facebook. Their webpage is still up, but it isn't currently functional (can't be updated).

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Gotcha, thank you.