SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sig Academy Background check needed how often?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Academy Background check needed how often? Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
Hello Virtual Friends,

Anyone take classes at Sig Academy in Epping know how often the background check is needed? I took a class in July, did the check and signed up for another class in September. Also just signed up for another in March. The checkout process asks you to do the background check "if needed". But nothing says if there is a time limit, if it's one time only etc.

I emailed them and got no reply.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12400 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
A current/valid CCW License is all that is needed

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
That is not correct. I just took my first class in July. I had to use their link and do a simple background check. It was $5. If you don’t have an LTC you need the full check at $42. I believe this is a fairly new requirement.

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/faqs

Oh and duh for me. The answer to my post is right at the link above. Valid for 1 year.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12400 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
From the Sig Academy website:

“I have a valid conceal carry permit, do I also need to complete the background check?”
While you do not have to complete the full background check, in addition to uploading a copy of your permit to your account, you will need to complete a pre-screen

Not necessarily incorrect, just Semantics... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
From the Sig Academy website:

“I have a valid conceal carry permit, do I also need to complete the background check?”
While you do not have to complete the full background check, in addition to uploading a copy of your permit to your account, you will need to complete a pre-screen

Not necessarily incorrect, just Semantics... Wink

Well I suppose since I'm a nice guy I could give you that on "semantics" but from my pre-screen...

Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
You need a background check to take a training class?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm not sure when exactly they started doing it. For years, it was just uploading a copy of your CCW license to your account, but when I was up in August, there was that additional $5 charge for a check.

I'm wondering if the change was caused by the flood of students they started getting in the summer with all the unrest as a way of keeping out those who would use the training for a bad end.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post