SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Fall 2016 Colorado SigForum Shoot
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall 2016 Colorado SigForum Shoot Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, I have been scouring all the websites I can to find the pieces I need to rebuild the Model 70. Numrich, Midwest Gun Works, Winchester and believe it or not Ebay!. I finally got everything in, including a Custom Sporter barrel, very gently used and a beautiful never used Long Action stock.

I delivered it all to Dave Sullivan up in Erie at Westwind rifles and he pulled the fired cartridge out of the box with the blown to bits action. I took a picture next to an unfired 7mm so that you can see the damage from the explosion and what was remaining. I am sooo lucky that my safety glasses saved the day and no one nearby got more than a little ding from the shrapnel.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Damn brother, just wow.

Thanks for the picture, confirmed some of my unanswered suspicions, specifically case separation near base at what would be the belt. The longitudinal case split is a bit of a surprise.

It does sound like we 'guessed' correctly on root cause, near universally actually. Let's just say those were deductive reasoning skills I never wanted to use. Like you, I'm very glad no permanent injuries. (pride excluded)

Looking forward to seeing the rebuilt gun, I think I told you my son was gifted a left-handed 7mm remmag Mod 70 right after this.

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Any chance of a Spring Shoot? --- James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
We'd be up for a Spring Shoot. Count us in.

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
Any chance of a Spring Shoot? --- James

Not within my abilities this year. If you can organize one, please enjoy.

I haven't even been in the state of Colorado much, I didn't see any snow (from the ground) this year. I am finally getting home today from a mess of travel. While I will be home for the next 11 days, my only free time is dedicated to overdue chores, repairs and a graduation next weekend. After next week, I'm not in the state of Colorado for more than 7 consecutive hours until July, and even then only thrice. (land in the morning, swap bags, and fly-out again couple hours later)

I may try to coordinate a late Summer shoot, time will tell.

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post