SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thanks to my friend David Lee scouring the internet on his spare time, this no rail no tail all stainless German P226 SL is now home.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to my friend David Lee scouring the internet on his spare time, this no rail no tail all stainless German P226 SL is now home. Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she's a beut

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54686 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome catch 12131...may have to do a "Afton Arms " thread one of these days to show the newer members what special SIGS DE came through during those few years. It was a special time!

I see other importers now offering new SIG DE aside from the X series, prices seem way high (on some models) compared to what Jamie was offering back in the day.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Any ETA when the karma starts? this looks like a good candidate.

Posts: 5603 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P226-SSS that has a rail that I think I will take to the shop and try and grind off the rail system. Then mine will look exactly lke this one.... Big Grin

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I have a P226-SSS that has a rail that I think I will take to the shop and try and grind off the rail system. Then mine will look exactly lke this one.... Big Grin

Almost except for the triple S/N & proof marks...or you could be on the look out for a 226 Sport Stock, the predecessor of the 226 SL and X series of pistols. They are kind of hard to find these days though.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I am curious due to lack of memory, the early on ALSO models came with a folded steel slide. Later with machined bar stock slide. Did Sig bring those models into the US or were there importers bringing them in ? I know some Members have the ALSO model.

Posts: 17913 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I am curious due to lack of memory, the early on ALSO models came with a folded steel slide. Later with machined bar stock slide. Did Sig bring those models into the US or were there importers bringing them in ? I know some Members have the ALSO model.

That is what I am now seeing...below is a link to a recent GB auction (expired), but want to be cautious as if its re-listed, I will immediately delete the link. The S/N, proof marks are not really clear due to the pic resolution, could be the seller prefers it that way? The sellers are currently offering a ALSO model (w/rail) as well , but that auction is active, so no link will be shown.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793414822

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thats interesting because I havn't seen that model listed in some time. I believe the first ones had folded steel slides. Not a world different from a standard P226 except for the German quality. I dont follow the high end Sig pistols as I dont expect to ever own one. Anyhow, thanks for the information on the ALSO.

Posts: 17913 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That's a fine looking Sig.

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
12131, Did you catch that your stainless finish model has Made in Germany on its slide and above its trigger guard yet, the black model only has it on its slide ?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The AL, SO, SL, BT are SIG DE codes that are part of the Part Numbers they put on their labels oversea. These are not original SIG US coding.

AL = Aluminum
SO = Rail (not the mythical Special Ops that many on the internet have called it)
SL = Stainless
BT = Beavertail

For example, the ones that MMBI sells/sold are the following:

German Sig Sauer P226 SL SO BT 9mm = all stainless, has rail and beavertail (This is the blackened one that ended recently)
German Sig Sauer P226 AL SO BT 9mm = stainless slide, aluminum frame, has rail and beavertail (also another blackened one that ended recently)
German Sig Sauer P226 AL SO 9mm = stainless slide, aluminum frame, has rail, but no beavertail (listing still active)

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
12131, Did you catch that your stainless finish model has Made in Germany on its slide and above its trigger guard yet, the black model only has it on its slide ?

Yes, I did. And, with that, the frame's serial number is displaced upward from its usual position. Was going to mention that little factoid this morning, but decided to leave it out.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you look at this cardboard box, the original German label that has the "P226 SL" on it has been partially covered up with all the labels from SIG US. You cannot see the "P226 SL" from the pic, but in person, it's there. The Part Number label E26-9-SP is SIG US creation, not SIG DE.

Q

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, congrats!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Here is the black Ilaflon P226. You bet the natural stainless one will get its days at the range, just like its black brother did. 20k? Probably not, but definitely will not be a safe queen.

Q- Is this pistol all stainless with the Ilaflon finish.? Was wondering if this pistol is comparable in overall weight to the natural all stainless pistol....If so I am gonna have to start saving up to buy one of these....Thanks Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does ilaflon compare to nitron in terms of color and texture? I’ve never seen ilaflon in person

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 348 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Q- Is this pistol all stainless with the Ilaflon finish.? Was wondering if this pistol is comparable in overall weight to the natural all stainless pistol....If so I am gonna have to start saving up to buy one of these....Thanks Mark

Yes, Ilaflon coeated all stainless. I'll get you the weight comparison later. Can't imagine any difference between the two.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
How does ilaflon compare to nitron in terms of color and texture? I’ve never seen ilaflon in person

The Ilaflon has that very smooth and slightly darker look. Almost like the original K-Kote many years ago.

Here is another example, the stainless frame P228 with the Ilafon coated slide.

No longer own these B&W X6s, but they are also Ilaflon coated stainless guns.

Q