SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thanks to my friend David Lee scouring the internet on his spare time, this no rail no tail all stainless German P226 SL is now home.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to my friend David Lee scouring the internet on his spare time, this no rail no tail all stainless German P226 SL is now home. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
This one was from the batch of special ordered SIGs that Jaymie Smolens of Afton Arms imported from Germany back in 2012. Some of the others were the black Ilaflon all stainless P226 and the stainless frame P228.

Thank you, David, for making me spend more money. Big Grin

Please, enjoy the pics. Cool

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7180 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oh shes nice. That right there is how I wish they still made them. You could probably shoot that some Q and not hurt it... Big Grin

Posts: 17913 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Money well spent. That's a nice one

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh that's sweet - here I thought I did well finding a 1992 Beretta 92FS Centurion yesterday!

That P226SL is amazing! I recall the Ilaflon finished guns and wish I had bought one!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Still kicking my butt for not grabbing one of these years ago. Hope you shoot it.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Outstanding version of the best pistol!

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn I want one

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Q. Let me know when you want to trade that for a 1911 Big Grin

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Cool, I guess. If only it was in fo-tay... Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
I remember the offering and so wanted to order one.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So does David get visitation rights?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol. Now for the big question, is it a safe queen or a shooter? The problem I have with some Sig pistols is that they are too pretty to shoot.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Neat pistol, and excellent photos. Is the take-down lever the older two-piece rivet-and-lever type? If so I’d suggest replacing it with the newer one-piece MIM part, to avoid possible frame scratches (the rivet sometimes loosens). That’s assuming that you plan to actually shoot it. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8996 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That really is a beauty Q, can't wait to see how it performs after 20,000 rounds Big Grin.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
That is especially nice Q!

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Here is the black Ilaflon P226. You bet the natural stainless one will get its days at the range, just like its black brother did. 20k? Probably not, but definitely will not be a safe queen.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun.

The serial number on mine ends with 284.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Both very nice, great find!

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post