SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Navy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Navy Login/Join 
posted
Ok,I barely remember the first P229's with the Anchor on the slide. Ever since then, Sig has made that edition practically every year. Is the first year a collectable? Is there some date code or special/unique stamping that makes it easier to ID???

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The one with "NSW"-prefix serial number is the most desirable among those looking for a "Navy" P226. Has no rail like the current MK25 does. Only 2000 were made in 2004.

Here is the most recent and thorough discussion on the Navy variants.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...520056464#4520056464

With the exception of some MK25s made & proofed in Germany, none of the Navy P226s have any date codes / proof marks.

Btw, you meant to write P226, right? P229 Navy doesn't exist. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
that's what I was thinking... I've got a later MK25 in Sig's baby poop brown that I really like... In fact I like it so much with the Houge G10 grips that I've sent a 357 cal upper to CCR to refinish in the same color.... won't have the anchor on it but that's okay.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The one with "NSW"-prefix serial number is the most desirable among those looking for a "Navy" P226. Has no rail like the current MK25 does. Only 2000 were made in 2004.

Here is the most recent and thorough discussion on the Navy variants.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...520056464#4520056464

With the exception of some MK25s made & proofed in Germany, none of the Navy P226s have any date codes / proof marks.

Thanks for the interesting link. Based on the dates of the thread it happened during that time I screwed my old soggy_spinout account up and was nowhere to be found as a result. I did miss the forum a bunch, btw.

Years ago I remember our shop receiving a couple of FDE Mk25s from SIG assembled with the long extractor slide. It was the only time that it happened, as all subsequent Nitron and Cerakote FDE Mk25s that came in were with the normal short extractor. Wonder how many of those oddballs are out there.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Thanks for the interesting link. Based on the dates of the thread it happened during that time I screwed my old soggy_spinout account up and was nowhere to be found as a result. I did miss the forum a bunch, btw...

Man, I can't believe you. Here I am, been thinking off and on, "What happened to soggy? Maybe he passed on? I knew he was an older guy." Turns out you came back, and have been back for over 2 years as monoblok, but without even a re-introduction. Not cool, man. But, I am very glad that you're still around. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Years ago I remember our shop receiving a couple of FDE Mk25s from SIG assembled with the long extractor slide. It was the only time that it happened, as all subsequent Nitron and Cerakote FDE Mk25s that came in were with the normal short extractor. Wonder how many of those oddballs are out there.

Were they with the Navy anchor on the slide? Factory errors that someone caught before more were made and shipped out? Be interesting to see if one of these will pop up for sale some day.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, P226. Ugh, old age settling in LOLOLOL!!!!

quote:

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Soggy did a reintro in the new member section. The name is different, but I think he is still addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer. Wink

Haven't seen a long extractor MK-25.

Mine has the rail, short extractor, Nitron finish, and proof marks.

Let us know what you find.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ My apologies, soggy, err...monoblok, for missing your re-intro. Big Grin

Q

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I’d say yes the NSW ones are among the most desireable though I have one that is a non rail with standard U prefer serial so to me that is the most desired. It has been argued if it was a contract over run or if Sig just wanted to sell more after the initial 2000 NSW serial run.

Either way it’s one of my favorite Sigs I own.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol! I wish I would have picked one up when I had the chance.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin. I came in here looking for info on my next purchase Big Grin

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure it does! Part No: M11-A1-NBF Wink

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
quote:

Sure it does! Part No: M11-A1-NBF Wink

Smile

While it's technically correct to say there were no P229 "Navys" catalogued as production guns, there were a small number of special order limited releases of them.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Come on. Get real, gentlemen. The M11-A1 NBF (Navy Blue Frame) and AGF (Army Green Frame) were just more of SIG's ridiculous gimmicks and had nothing to do with the military. Just like the original deceiving ad for the M11-A1 10 years ago, implying that it was adopted by the Navy. The P226 Navy is real and connected to the military. The M11-A1 in black, Navy Blue or Army Green has no official military association. Oh, and don't forget the M11-A1 Desert, too.

Q

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come on. Get real, gentlemen. The M11-A1 NBF (Navy Blue Frame) and AGF (Army Green Frame) were just more of SIG's ridiculous gimmicks, and had nothing to do with the military.

I took ah3's comment, especially followed by the winky emoji, to be said in tongue in cheek jest, and sort of a swipe at the M11-A1's P229 frame connection to this discussion... but, if he was serious then I agree with you that SIG's marketing of the M11-A1 was just that, a marketing gimmick... and that's coming from someone who would actually like to own one. I like the gun for what it is, not some hyped-up marketing for something that it isn't.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the winky should have tipped it off. Big Grin

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post