SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some Swiss eye candy....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Swiss eye candy.... Login/Join 
posted
The Phoenix Redback is becoming one of my all time favorite pistols and I just picked up another example, this time a SAO version.

I can't recommend them enough. In my opinion, the finest pistol to ever utilize the CZ 75 design by a wide margin...

Here it is with my DA/SA variant.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Honestly I’ve never heard of it, but I could also be hiding under a rock. That is one fine example of a pistol. The machine work looks absolutely incredible. Congrats on what looks like a sweet shooter.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phoenix Redback

The Swiss pioneered the slide in frame design with the P210; the Czechoslovaks made it double stack DA/SA, and then the Swiss makes clones of said pistols.

B&T bought up some existing stock of parts from Sphinx to make the frames of their USW's first production runs. The engineers and management from Sphinx that became Phoenix bought what tooling and IP they could before the remainder was liquidated and auctioned off, which is where B&T got those parts for their USW's.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...-redback-ultralight/

Their web site gives no pricing...

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That’s Amore

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful CZ clone. Very nice machining. Can I assume most cz parts drop in?

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:

That's what scares me. Eek If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

I have a buddy who ordered a Fusion when they were in pre-production. Phoenix quoted him $1100. Close to a year a later when the Fusion finally went to market, they told him, "Actually, it's $1500."

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
There's no way I'm lugging such large hunks of steel around. They would strictly be range toys, so why the rail?

The rail is superfluous on the CZ Shadow 2 (albeit slimmer than the Phoenix design), which was later rectified on the CZ TS2. Yes, the machining on the Redback looks nice but the design still isn't the best it could be based on its primary intended use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
gorgeous as always...and as always thanks for sharing!

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Wow!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Is the DA/SA decock only or is it more like the Beretta G series?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a cz75 clone which means it’s either SAO or you have to ride the hammer down to decock it. No decocker version as far as I can tell.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
quote:
Phoenix Redback

The Swiss pioneered the slide in frame design with the P210; the Czechoslovaks made it double stack DA/SA, and then the Swiss makes clones of said pistols.

B&T bought up some existing stock of parts from Sphinx to make the frames of their USW's first production runs. The engineers and management from Sphinx that became Phoenix bought what tooling and IP they could before the remainder was liquidated and auctioned off, which is where B&T got those parts for their USW's.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...-redback-ultralight/

Not at all. The Sig P210 and CZ 75 are completely different pistols. That’s like saying a P226 took the 1911 design into a double stack DA/SA, since they both have slides outside the frame.

As for pricing, all steel Redbacks are in the $4000 range give or take depending on exact configuration.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Beautiful CZ clone. Very nice machining. Can I assume most cz parts drop in?

I don’t think any CZ parts drop in, other than magazines. The Redback has a even has a separate grip and frame like a 2011.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
There's no way I'm lugging such large hunks of steel around. They would strictly be range toys, so why the rail?

The rail is superfluous on the CZ Shadow 2 (albeit slimmer than the Phoenix design), which was later rectified on the CZ TS2. Yes, the machining on the Redback looks nice but the design still isn't the best it could be based on its primary intended use.

Nothing wrong with using it for home defense. The rail looks good on it, in my opinion.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Is the DA/SA decock only or is it more like the Beretta G series?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
It’s a cz75 clone which means it’s either SAO or you have to ride the hammer down to decock it. No decocker version as far as I can tell.

You are correct

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like the machining. Looks cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:

Nothing wrong with using it for home defense. The rail looks good on it, in my opinion.

I'm digging the SAO model... curious, what is the trigger pull weight?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:

I'm digging the SAO model... curious, what is the trigger pull weight?

Average of five pulls was just under 2lbs.

Extremely crisp break with absolutely no creep whatsoever. Phenomenal trigger