SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I need me a Glock 30 sf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need me a Glock 30 sf Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
Had one a long time ago. The only Glock I’ve ever had that wouldn’t run. Best answer I ever got was that they had a run of them with manufacturing defects in the slide rails. In any event, Glock took it back at the factory and replaced it for me with a G19.

I think enough time has passed and my doubts over the model have faded. believe I’m going to jump back in the G30 pool.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Gen4 G30. Shoots great! Only a few hundred through it so far but no issues.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I bought one about 25 years ago. It was my first Glock. Never did care for it. It ran fine, but I couldn't shoot it worth a damn, so I sold it.

Nothing against Glock, as I have a 20, 21, and 36, and like them all.

Speaking of the 36, you might look at that instead of the 30. Four less rounds, but lighter. Great shooter IMO and conceals well.

Posts: 20077 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 30SF (or Gen 4, for that matter), carry very well. The reduction in the grip makes a big difference.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The 30s is a great shooter and carry gun. It handles the .45 well.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, with no grip adapter panel the Gen 4 30 and the 30 SF have the same circumference...seems like it was an old post on the "You Will Buy A Glock" thread.

ETA: this is correct, per the owner's manual available on-line (pg. 36).

https://us.glock.com/en/Downloadable-Materials

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
IIRC, with no grip adapter panel the Gen 4 30 and the 30 SF have the same circumference...seems like it was an old post on the "You Will Buy A Glock" thread.

Indeed they are! Point taken.

…and BONUS points for reading and referencing the owners manual on an interweb forum.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
If the old Gypsy woman is to be believed there is one in my future.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Indeed they are! Point taken.

…and BONUS points for reading and referencing the owners manual on an interweb forum.

P.S. I named my Gen. 4 30 "Heidi" several years ago after getting it. Wink No grip adapter on it, either.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never owned one (I have a Gen 4 G21), but apparently the G30SF's are wicked accurate.

Went to Massad Ayoob's MAG-40 class in NW Arkansas a few years ago. It was hosted by Nighthawk Custom. Many of their employees attended and ran some unbelievable 1911s during the course.

I ran a Gen 3 Glock 19 with OD frame. Ayoob ran a stock fixed sight Glock 30SF. During the final qualification for "Top Gun," he outshot us all with that $475 pistol and cheap-ass Winchester white box hardball from Wal-Mart.

And it wasn't even that close...

I know he's a great shot, but the G30SF itself is one heck of a capable pistol.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post