SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    all steel sigs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

all steel sigs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've had a stainless P220 Elite since about 2008, and it's extremely nice shooting, even with the stoutest Underwood .45 acp +P loads. I originally purchased this model thinking I wanted to use it for .45 Super, but after reading up on it, decided .45 acp was just fine. This Frame soaks up recoil very well, and the SRT trigger is a delight to shoot.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies, I meant an all metal pistol, my P229 has an aluminum frame and no rail. Sig does make a hell of a fine pistol, I need another one and I don't like plastic. My 229 is a nightstand gun and range toy and another sig would be the same.

Posts: 23 | Location: st louis | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This changes things. There are dozens of metal guns in the sig line, even the 320.

Posts: 1256 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
This changes things. There are dozens of metal guns in the sig line, even the 320.

Maybe, maybe not... steel is still metal. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of the ones I have, the P229 is my favorite. It’s big enough to have proper capacity, small enough to conceal carry. It handles recoil fantastically. Anyone that says .40 is snappy has never fired a P229. You can gain more capacity with the P226, but the P229 hits the sweet spot.

I did replace it with the P320 and more recently have taken to the P365 pocket carry. But you weren’t asking about the polymer framed.

Haven’t retaken the picture with the P365.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1861 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TannerBoyl:
I am a big fan of the stainless Sigs. If I had to choose a favorite, I would pick the P220ST wig the older style propriety rail. For me, it just feels so perfect.

Good luck with your search!

Indeed. But I might have to give the nod to the p228. Arguably the best pistol ever made. Wink

Posts: 3526 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstan9615a
posted Hide Post
229 ST

Posts: 61 | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Did sig ever make a 220ST in SAO?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
P226 Sport Stock

Posts: 107703 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Did sig ever make a 220ST in SAO?
They made several 5" SAO variations chambered in 10mm Auto and of course the P220 X6 in 45ACP or 9MM

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5180 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Those are as the P226 should be known Para. The best of the good ol' days.

Posts: 17913 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I vote for my P229 in 9mm amd P239 in .40.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the all steel department, I have a P210, a P232, a P229 and a P226. The 226 is one of the Afton Arms imports.

Posts: 2012 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Rent before you buy is what I did. Shot a P229 in 9mm and .40 S&W and a P220 in .45 ACP. Ended up with the P220. I have held a P226 and it melted into my hand. I don’t know why I never rented a P226 cause I’ve always wanted one since the day I found out that the P226 was used by the Navy Seals, but if I was to add another Sig, it would be the P226 in 9mm cause it felt so good in my hands.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229sl

Posts: 2218 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
229sl

Nice Pair

One of my FAVORITE P229 variations

Mine is about 10 years older, with the serial number at AH 19xxx and it is chambered for 357SIG

Mine has the different color because we re-beadblasted it when I first got it

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5180 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Simple question how do you determine if a Sig pistol has a steel frame or an alloy one?

A magnet is a good place to start. Wink

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well I picked up a 239 today in 9mm

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 1st gen 220ST with the funky sig only narrow rail. Almost considered getting it milled off by one of the providers of such work. I was so cheap into it and it was off CA roster, I Ended up selling it to a buddy at a friend price before i left CA. It’s. A heavy gun for 8 shots. He likely can’t get a ccw anytime soon in CA so it’s a range and HD gun with his other 45’s.

I wouldn’t be opposed to getting another at the right price.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Choatecav
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glider:
I'm interested to know which all steel sig everyone considers sigs best all-around pistol. I have a P229 in 40S&W that I think a lot of but that is the only sig I own. I have considered another sig but I'm not sure that I don't have the best pistol they make already. I'm not including the X5 target pistol mainly because of the price but also because it's pretty much a target pistol, not an everyday drag around gun. So, what's the opinions??

Back to the core question, I too have a P229 in 40 s&w and I gotta say that I believe you have a representation to the best metal Sig's available. Can't get much better than this.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post