SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 42 Owners: Step Inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 42 Owners: Step Inside Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I am NOT a glock guy. I have owned several since they were introduced and sold/traded off every one of them.

Yet I have had my G-42 for several months, maybe close to a year now. And it's not going anywhere.

Had the P-365 not come out, I may have tried a G-43 but even if I get a 365 I will keep the G-42.

I have an old Interarms Walther PPK/s That I dearly love, but would NOT stake my life on it. The G-42 has been 100% reliable from the start.

I added different sights and an extended slide release.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I had limp wristing issues with the G43. My hands are just weak from health issues, I just can't hold onto it tight enough. Would I have the same trouble with the G42? I'm having good luck with my shield .45 but would still like something smaller.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The .380 Glock 42

What do you like about it? Anything you don't?

I shot one a few years ago and was very impressed and am itching to buy one to keep my lonely G19 company. Big Grin

I know it's a little big larger than most .380 pocket pistols like the P3AT and LCP, is this really pocketable in jeans and khakis?

I have a G42 and I like it a lot. I basically have it for GSSF Pocket events as I don't carry striker fired guns at this point.

The G42 is very easy to shoot well, it's very reliable the trigger is basic glock trigger and the sights are basic glock sights no better, no worse.

In the indoor GSSF matches you shoot the pocket event you shoot 5 shots each from 3, 5, 7, 10 and 15 yards and the 10 ring is 10 inches and several people every match shoot 250s so winners are decided by "X" count. I'm sharing this to demonstrate how easy the little G42 is to shoot well.

The G43 is just marginally bigger and is probably the more practical of the 2 but I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for my G42.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post