SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365x & Wilson Combat Grip Module
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365x & Wilson Combat Grip Module Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
After seeing the thread of a members P320 with a Wilson Grip module I ordered one for one of my P365s.
I figured the more aggressive texting would be a bit much for my pocket carry 365 but should be a nice addition to my 365x.

The added size of the palm swell is just what this pistol needed for my hands.
I appreciate that Sig made a very small & thin pistol but this hit the sweet spot for me.

***Edit***

Added a FDE to my other 365

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir , now I have to try one.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The WC grip module is perfect. It can’t be overstated how much better it feels than the stock one. I actually liked the stock one. Until I tried WC. Great upgrade.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I put a Wilson Combat grip module on my P365 (with "X" conversion slide) and couldn't be happier with it. The palm swell really improves my ability to shoot this pistol, as I've got XXL hands.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The grip being a little small is the only 365 issue for me and the Hogue Grip Sleeve fixed that.
Just another option as everyone's likes are different.

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the WC grip. I put the standard one on my XL, because I just like the feel of it. I can easily carry the longer slide IWB, but the longer grip got in my way while driving. Also, I can still use the longer mags as tactical reloads.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wilson grip is a winner. For both the 320 and 365.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have both the 365 & the 365X.
While I’m liking the WC grip module on the 365X I didn’t & haven’t ordered one for the 365 as it’s my pocket carry pistol and I was concerned the more aggressive texturing might rough up / tear up the inside of my pocket.
Does anyone have experience with that setup in the style of carry ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both sizes of grips. I don't pocket carry but I do appendix carry. I don't think it is abrasive enough to do damage. FYI, WC is doing a 20% off sale on their remaining grip modules. Don't know why but I picked up a couple.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Absolutely loved the Wilson Combat grip on my P365. Made a huge difference.

Posts: 3520 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
FYI, WC is doing a 20% off sale on their remaining grip modules.

Thanks for the heads up.
I ordered a standard FDE for my 365.
I suppose if it begins to eat my pocket I’ll knock down the texture on the front & backstraps.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:

Thanks for the heads up.
I ordered a standard FDE for my 365.
I suppose if it begins to eat my pocket I’ll knock down the texture on the front & backstraps.

I appendix carry and the WC grip was a bit abrasive on my gut which admittedly is more ample that I'd like. I lightly sanded the texturing and it made a big difference. I was worried the sanding would result in discoloration, but nope, you can't tell it was done. So go slow and use a light grit paper.

I suggested to WC that might consider several grades of texturing, but doubt they will do that due to inventory considerations. The more SKU's you have, the harder it is to predict inventory levels which equates to lower profit margins. I'd pay a few extra bucks for a selection feature.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, but that seems odd. I like mine.
Changing design, perhaps—?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a standard 365 when they first came out and I really liked it. The grip always felt too skinny for even my small/medium hands.
Eventually I swapped to the X grip module for a better grip and more ammo capacity.
I had a Glock 43X at the same time and I shot the Sig better but the Glock felt like a much more secure grip.
When the Wilson came out I installed one and it was a game changer for me. Perfect grip and after letting several 365 carriers shoot mine, they installed the Wilson grip module also.
Shortly after that I sent the slide off to get it machined for a optic and it is a perfect CCW gun for me now.

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
Just ordered.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't need to know they were on sale... just ordered one. thanks

Posts: 68 | Location: North of Atlanta but not far enough | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grumpy, I pocket carry a 365 SAS with the WC grip and have had no abrasive issues, other than my normal personality Smile
I also have the same grip on a 365 with an X slide and Holosun sight that I absolutely love.
Next upgrade, Mcarbo flat trigger. Yeah it’s not cheap but holy cow did it make a difference. I have one in the X gun, and I’m ordering another for the SAS gun, though admittedly I doubt I’ll see that much group performance in that gun as the sights aren’t good for precision shooting.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grumpy - Thanks Sir - Just ordered an XL version. The 20% off on all of their grips made it an easy decision. Thanks also for posting the photos and details… Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Interesting. You chose the same Holosun 407 red dot that I did. Nice crisp 6 MOA dot.
The reason I did not order the Wilson upgrade is because of the gap at the bottom of the mag well with the mag inserted. I purchased the 365X because of the 12 round flush fit magazine.

Posts: 10 | Registered: July 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kajb I don't understand. I just compared a WC grip to a stock Sig grip and they are nearly identical at the bottom. The only thing I can think of that you are referring to as a "gap" is the back of the grip is oval and forms a bit of a magwell. Is this the "gap" you are talking about? If so I would be curious what in particular about that causes you any concern. I struggle to call it a gap. Not a characterization I would make. At all.