SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Carry vs new X-Compact optic cuts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Carry vs new X-Compact optic cuts? Login/Join 
posted
I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought the X-Carry could use either a DPP or RM1. **scratches head** Which leads me to conclude the footprint of the proposed RM1Pro now isn't going to fit in the RM1 cuts?

Posts: 26 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answering my own question, but others may benefit from this too. I contacted Sig, and this is their reply:

Thank you for contacting SIG Sauer.

"The Romeo1 Pro will not be compatible with the X-Carry. The Pro is designed to fit anything the Delta Point Pro fits (P320-M17). The Romeo1T is the same optic as the Romeo1 Pro and will fit everything, including the X-Carry, X-5, and the M17 line.

Thank you."

Posts: 26 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their response is slightly confusing. So the 1T is the same as the pro, just the original Romeo footprint?

I have an X-carry. Honestly I like the X-Carry frame which is larger than the new Pro. Looks like getting a PRO slide/barrel for a swap is a no go as the X-Carry is 3.9 and the X-Pro is 3.6.

I wonder if the Sig Custom Shop will cut the X-Carry Slide to the Pro Spec with a new plate/sight.

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd762:
Their response is slightly confusing. So the 1T is the same as the pro, just the original Romeo footprint?

I have an X-carry. Honestly I like the X-Carry frame which is larger than the new Pro. Looks like getting a PRO slide/barrel for a swap is a no go as the X-Carry is 3.9 and the X-Pro is 3.6.

I wonder if the Sig Custom Shop will cut the X-Carry Slide to the Pro Spec with a new plate/sight.

The Pro series Carry model is the same dimensions as the X Carry. The X Compact is the smaller variant. The pro series guns RDS plate will be compatible with the new R1 Pro and the DPP. The pro series will also have a full set of X ray sights, rather than having the rear sight as part of the RDS plate.

The X Compact will also be compatible with the R1 Pro and the DPP, but it will also have the rear sight and RDS plate as a single unit.

What I haven't been able to find out is will the new 2019 X Carry models have their RDS plates cut for the new R1 Pro and DPP. The new VTAC guns RDS have been recut, so it would stand to reason the X carry may as well.

The Pro series guns, the full size, and carry models are initially LE only guns. The have the standard X Carry frame and fire controls, and slide contour, but they use the standard 320 barrels, and X Ray sights, and do not have lightening cuts in the slide.

I have a Pro Carry version ordered, and should be arriving at my LE dealer very soon. He said they have been shipped and he expects them any day. I'll post it up when it arrives.

TXPO

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, clearest information I have been able to get.

Todd

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My take is that the R1Pro is dimensioned the same as the DPP, and the R1T is the same dimension as the current R1. Basically the body is the 1T, and that body put into a hardened shroud takes up the whole of the DPP footprint creating a Pro. Maybe. Either that, or their is really 3 models they are working on. The R2, R1Pro, and R1T. But it would make more sense that the body would be the same through each of them.