SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 owners, X-carry or M18?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 owners, X-carry or M18? Login/Join 
Picture of Eagle1
posted
Looking for input from owners that have 1 or both of the 320 X-carry and/or the M18 (FDE or black is in stock)? I can get a either one from my local LE dealer and am on the fence. I just got my X-compact and I am getting ready to leave for the range and try it out along with my friends standard 320 compact. I am anxious to see how they perform and compare to my G19 that i have carried for years.

Only thing on the M18 I am not too keen about is that manuel safety but it seems that I can remedy that with a little work and a couple parts so that is not a deciding factor to eliminate it all together. Just thought I would ask some of you owners what you think in case I have not thought of everything since I am new to this 320 platform.

Thanks E1

---------------------------------------------------
In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC.

Certified OPOTA Firearms Instructor, Taser Instructor and Glock Armorer!

Posts: 1734 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
X-Carry for me.

First I don't want a manual safety on this pistol. The only pistols I want a manual safety on, are single action autos.

Second, the X-Carry has X-Ray night sights. I love the bright green/yellow front sight on the X-Carry. The M18 has stanadard night sights.

Third, I prefer the flat trigger of the X-Carry. The M18 comes with a curved trigger.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why go to the trouble of disabling the safety when you could get the X anyway?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
You'll find the biggest difference will be the grip module when comparing the M18 and the xSeries.

You'll feel the difference when shooting the Compact and the xCompact versions. Many really like the xSeries grips.

I have a hunch you'll go with the xCarry, mostly due to the grip module.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
M18 will be around for a long time. Xcarry may not be so I’d grab one if you want one. I like my M17’s and I like my Xcarry, probably equally. Don’t have the M18 and don’t want it.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post