SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX 8 inch price then vs. now?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX 8 inch price then vs. now? Login/Join 
posted
I know prices for everything are way up between COVID and last election. Have some extra cash and considering a MPX 8 inch GEN 2. Trying to gauge what they cost say 24 months ago vs. now. Anyone out there purchase a new 8 inch more than a year ago? Can you tell me what you paid? Thanks.

Posts: 394 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I recall prices seemed to be in the $1200-$1400 price range depending on what they came with pre-Covid. The lgs currently has an 8” mpx, but I’m not sure of the gen. It has the keymod rail, two mags, Romeo4, factory irons, and folding brace. They have that marked for $2k.

I recently picked up a new mpx-k and that had gone up $250 from pre-covid. I didn’t want to pay the premium, but I had been trying to get one for over a year and jumped when I saw it for that price.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I paid something like nine hundred for mine. Maybe a bit less. Presently, no idea. Locally, most firearms are hard to come by.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896017468

one just sold on GB for 3k

look here>>>https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/sig-mpx-pistols-for-sale

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
About 2 years ago I paid $2,300 for my 8" gen 2, but that included 2 extra magazines, an green MRO with mount, Rise Armament trigger, mounted Surefire M300/SR07 switch.

At the time, including the accessories, that was a fair price.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
About 2 years ago I paid $2,300 for my 8" gen 2, but that included 2 extra magazines, an green MRO with mount, Rise Armament trigger, mounted Surefire M300/SR07 switch.

At the time, including the accessories, that was a fair price.

Around the same time frame I paid $2,000.00 with 2 extra magazines and a Romeo 5 sight mounted. Got close to $200.00 back in the form of gift cards for some reason I don't remember.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought my early build NIB Gen2 I paid around $1250ish before the government pound of flesh was calculated in. As shipped from SIG, it came with two 30s and the same blocky iron sights that come on my 2nd gen FDE 516 AR. And the original ATF-approved, folding and bulky SIG/SB Tactical brace.

These days SIG doesn't generally offer the 8" MPX for the civilian market, so in one regard there's not an exact direct comparison (new then vs new now). But I have noticed how used examples have spiked in price...but in these crazy stupid times so has/had a whole lot of other guns done something similar as well.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every Gen 2 that I saw had been $1800-$2000 from what I recall. Gen 2's being first released with Keymod rails vs the proprietary rails on the Gen 1's. It stands out to me as I picked up my Gen 2 MPX in Oct 2019 for a crazy clearance price with a local retailer closing their doors.

Posts: 353 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Just over 2 years ago. I paid right around $1K off gunbroker then grabbed the SB brace for $200. Felt like I got a pretty good deal.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8855 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
When I bought my early build NIB Gen2 I paid around $1250ish before the government pound of flesh was calculated in. As shipped from SIG, it came with two 30s and the same blocky iron sights that come on my 2nd gen FDE 516 AR. And the original ATF-approved, folding and bulky SIG/SB Tactical brace.

These days SIG doesn't generally offer the 8" MPX for the civilian market, so in one regard there's not an exact direct comparison (new then vs new now). But I have noticed how used examples have spiked in price...but in these crazy stupid times so has/had a whole lot of other guns done something similar as well.

That's about what I paid for mine, one of the earliest Gen 2 guns. Mine didn't come with a brace.

And ditto the 8" being no longer available new. Only the 16" and 4ish" are available nowadays.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I bought mine used for $900 and it came with 3 mags. Mine was a Gen 1.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Gen 2 with a folding brace, since changed out for sliding SB Tactical brace when they were first introduced. $1200 if I recall correctly, came with 3 mags. Have left it alone other than putting a flat blade trigger on it designed for MPX, Trijicon, and folding iron sights. These prices are a bubble, IMHO and will come back down at some point. Crazy.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Someone has a new Gen2 on GB for $3K. That's ridiculous.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8855 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Someone has a new Gen2 on GB for $3K. That's ridiculous.

Check out the MCX prices, if you think that's crazy.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid $1400 new for mine in 2018.

Posts: 28 | Location: FL | Registered: February 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3K crazy? Well NIB 4" MPXs were already creeping closer to $2K just based on SIG's own pricing structure, long before any of this 'VID hoopla. Considering what has happened with SP5/SP5K pricing as a comparison, sadly not that insanely crazy, after all.

Worse part is that it might give SIG's bean counters and marketing mavens some impure thoughts about their own future pricing.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post