SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365X Macro Holster Optics/No Optics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365X Macro Holster Optics/No Optics Login/Join 
posted
Greetings.

New Sig owner/Forum member with a question.

I spent a couple of hours searching the threads and was happy top find more holster options than for my other guns (left handed).

Anyway - I just bought the gun and may or may not add a red dot. Has anyone bought a holster (IWB) cut for optics but have not installed one? Does it hold the pistol securely?

I'd like to avoid having to buy a second holster some day.

Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 12, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any holster with an optics cut will work fine without an optic. They just shave a bit more material off of the spine of the holster where it has nothing to do with retention. If you think you might go optics, get the optics cut holster.

Adding a WML is totally different, some of those holsters make the retention on the flashlight itself.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Any holster with an optics cut will work fine without an optic. They just shave a bit more material off of the spine of the holster where it has nothing to do with retention. If you think you might go optics, get the optics cut holster.

Adding a WML is totally different, some of those holsters make the retention on the flashlight itself.

^^^ This ^^^

I have a Safariland that barely holds the G-21 if the light isn't attached. Same with the one for the P-220.

Optics cut? No problem. I'd get the holster with the cut if you're looking to get an optic down the line.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the experience with several holster manufacturers of buying an optic cut holster and the fit is loose with an optic or without. I won’t comment on the manufacturer except to say, their name shares some of verbiage with the preamble to the constitution. This was an issue for several holster for different guns from them.

For my P365 XMacro I bought a Dara IWB holster and a C&G OWB holster and the retention was spot on for both with more adjustability in the retention.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a die hard G Code holster guy. Their stuff is truly outstanding.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all!

Tips were much appreciated and will help me narrow my search.

- Howard

posted Hide Post
Pedropcola,

Thanks - just took a look and these are on my short list.

posted Hide Post
I would point you to the Eclipse and the Incog as my favorites. I have a couple of the Phenoms (I think) and they are good but I find I don’t want “fuzz” on the inside of my holster.

I have grey on black and black fuzz on grey kydex. The latter is a particularly sharp combination to my eye and a great holster.

I went home to Pensacola last month and my buddy wanted to try out my 365. So I handed him my gun in a G Code Ecplise and he wore it around all day as we got breakfast and walked the downtown. He bought his own, of both, the next week. It’s a perfect combo.

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
If you'd really like to avoid buying a second holster at some point, make sure you check the return policies. Wink

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
Thanks again for the tips.

Ended up ordering a Comptac OWB for the range and shooting in the open desert and the G Code Eclipse for IWB.

My only complaint -Sig should have included 3 magazines for $800.

Howard