SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG X Grip Module for "Carry" model
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG X Grip Module for "Carry" model Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I have a SIG Compact 320. I bought the "Carry" model X Grip. XSERIES CARRY MEDIUM MODULE (MAGWELL & WEIGHT COMPATIBLE) - COYOTE 3.9 & 4.7. But now my magazines don't seem to fit. holding the new frame up against the original, the original seems about 1/4" shorter.

Did I buy the wrong grip?

Gobi Guns 1 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
The carry is a compact length, but a full-size height. It uses 17 round mags. It's the Glock 45 concept of the 320 world.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So yes, it’s the wrong grip. Or a wonderful opportunity to buy bigger mags. Depends on what side of the glass half full argument you fall on.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
DAMN IT!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rolan_Kraps,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that answers that question.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The X-Compact grip fits 15 round mags and the length is right for either the subcompact slide, or compact with a little overhang at the front.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
DAMN IT!

Does anyone want to trade?

If you don’t mind a X-Compact in black, I’ll trade. Shoot me an email if interested.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be aware that if you have the older style mags with the round hold in the baseplate, they still won't fit with the compact x-grip module, unless you modify the mag base plate. The dog ears need to be beveled, or removed.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
DAMN IT!

Does anyone want to trade?

If you don’t mind a X-Compact in black, I’ll trade. Shoot me an email if interested.

Thanks Snake, but I'm trying to keep it FDE.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Compact = 15 round magazines

Carry = 17 round magazines (same as used in the Full Size)

The Compact and Carry share the same holsters, since use the same length barrel/slide. But they don't share magazines, since the Carry's grip is longer than the Compact's.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post