SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 226 Dark Elite with MMC adj. sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 Dark Elite with MMC adj. sight Login/Join 
posted
Has anybody found a conventional rear sight that will fit the 226 Dark Elite slide? (rear sight seems to be a different dovetail)

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Check out Dawson Precision’s web site. They have sight sets specifically for the P226 Elite Dark.

The difference is the depth of the dovetail. The ED models have a deeper dovetail cut to accommodate the horrid adjustable sight.

One of our members (Scott up in MA) used to make replacement rear sights, but I don’t know if they are available any longer.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, I did call Dawson even before posting here but they were unable to give me a solid answer without me sending my slide into them.

But your response was enough to get me to return to Dawson's web site & poke around some more. So it looks like they might have something that will fit but I will need to do some precision measurements to my current sights then compare to the Dawson overall heights to determine if the front/rear heights of what Dawson offers will allow me to keep my present POA/POI.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post