SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Rimfire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Rimfire Login/Join 
posted
I own a P365 and P365XL. Both are great defensive pistols. IMHO Sig would dominate the recreational pocket carry/kit gun market by introducing a .22lr variation to compete against the S&W .22 Compact, Ruger SR22 and Walther's make-believe PPK/S .22lr. The platform is hot. I'd prefer a Sig.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Compact .22s are finicky and work VERY differently from their centerfire siblings, and I think Sig probably is jaded by their Mosquito experience. I also think that category lags significantly behind the Buckmark and 22/45 in sales.

-shooter

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like one also, but we have the sr22, lcpII mnp22, taurus, glock.

I would rather see sig flush out the 365 line, mags, holsters, romeo zero's in stock. than stop and divert attention away on a new gunline.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Buckmark and Rugers are in an entirely different class. Much larger and heavier frames. Sig doesn't have a lightweight .22 pistol (what became of the 938?) in the popular polymer/striker format. A .22 P365 would be a natural companion to its 9mm sibling.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG doesn't have to create a new gun; they just have to bring back the P250-22.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....p250-22-22lr-pistol/

It's not striker-fired, but neither are most of the others listed above: only the Glock and Taurus.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
An XL would be pretty good.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
An XL would be pretty good.

Just spitballing here, but P320 and P250 frames are interchangeable. I don't see why a P250 .22 Compact upper and trigger group wouldn't go into a P320 X-Compact frame. I own both of those pistols, and I'm going to do a little experimenting.

The only hitches I can think of are ...

• The X-Compact takes a Subcompact upper, so the barrel and slide would stick out pretty far beyond the frame -- not a dealbreaker, though.
  • The magazines for the P250 have those old-style side-nubbins that won't fit the X gripframes. Either they'd have to be ground down, or the X-style magazine bases would need to be installed.

I'll let you know how it works out when I get around to it.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want Sig to bring back the Trailside.

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post