SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P320 X5 and Romero 1 mounting screws
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P320 X5 and Romero 1 mounting screws Login/Join 
posted
Hi all

I recently received my new romeo 1 kit. It is the 11001 kit. Not until I received it did I realise it has no screws to help mount it to the SIG P320 X5?

The screws I require supposedly come from a different kit. The 11000. Well unfortunately I did not know this when ordering the kit. It would appear my kit is the rifle mount kit. My question is does anyone know the length of the screws required for mounting the P320 to the Sig P320 X5? I am after the thread length from the base of the screw head to the end of the thread? I know it is a 6-48 screw but do not know how long it should be. If I can find out I can probably source a suitable screw.

The detail is in how much thread actually screws into the slide. I think the hea dof the screw is about 4mm and the there is about 4 to 5mm taken up as it travels though the Romero 1. Then al I need is the length that is left sticking out ready to screw into the slide.

I think it would be 11mm perhaps from base of screw head to tip of thread?

Any help appreciated

cheers

Iceman

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd just call SIG and explain what happened, seems like they would give you those, they need some good press right now. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I would suggest reading through pages 27-32ish of this thread on another forum for some input: http://forums.brianenos.com/to...0-x5-thread/?page=29

"3/8 is the absolute max... that I know for sure. Im using a 3/8 one on the side that you can see the screw and a 5/16 on the side with the extractor spring."

There are links to Leopold and Brownell's screws that will work, and someone stated that Sig would be adding a part number for them specifically... it may be worth giving them a call.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks

I am not in the USA so no luck with SIG they just say go see your local dealer.

I have the set that comes with the 11001 kit and they are for the picatinny mount. I could cut them down or try as you suggested finding an alternative

What I need clarification on please, is the screw a total of 5/16 long or is this just the thread section? I have a wheeler optics fastener kit and it has 6-48 3/8 and 5/16 slotted heads in it.

Many thanks

posted Hide Post
Ok finally got my screws in for the Romeo 1

Screw is a 6-48 thread

Total length of thread I used was just a tad under 9mm. This clears the extractor and both screws are the same length. Approx 3.5 - 4mm of grab on both sides of slide with the 2 screws in place.

Hope this helps anyone else.

cheers

Iceman