SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Don't Forget The Magazines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Forget The Magazines Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ditto on leaving a mag in all my guns.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
It's the exact reason why every gun in the safe has a magazine in it.
I'll at least have one mag with me at the range. Big Grin

Agree that every weapon in the safe should be ready to go, with a mag if applicable. The only guns I don't keep loaded are some of my rifles, because if I put mags in them the mags get in the way and I can't fit them all in the safe. I keep the mags for those guns in an ammo can nearby, but maybe I need a new safe lol.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago our rifle section leader bought a Iver Johnson AMAC after they had been surplused off, told everyone to hang around after the Hi Power match if they wanted to shoot it. This was before the Barretts so we were like sure thing, he unloads everything, including 200 rounds, then gets a funny look, he forgot the bolt, 45 minute drive home,45 minute back, and more shooting time for me because of guys who couldn't stick around.

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have twice taken mismatched magazine/ammo and gun to the range. I was really disappointed the last time when a 2011 magazine just would not go in a 1911.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Done it too, loading/shooting a single round at a time takes all the fun out of it. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post