SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P245 Green?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P245 Green? Login/Join 
Picture of usmc-nav
posted
I just stopped into a local shop and saw a nice looking P245. It is green. Was green ever an option from Sig. It looks new.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
as far as i know was the P245 only available with either the standard phospahtized or a nickel finish.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's one of these: full black/blued, full nickel or half and half (two-tone nickel). No green. If anyone claims factory green P245, ask them to show you the original factory case with the original labels on it. They will give you some BS story.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
P245 also had Ilaflon finish sometimes, which looks a shade darker than Nitron and was something like SIG's answer to Tennifer

(Ilaflon is also not allowed inside the US)

It could be all black/blued were Ilaflon but I think there was a distinction.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
P245 also had Ilaflon finish sometimes, which looks a shade darker than Nitron and was something like SIG's answer to Tennifer

You cannot have Ilaflon coating business in the US, but you sure can have Ilaflon finished products here.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Yeah I agree no green P245 from the factory.

Now Sig did release some P229 in green around 2010.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:

You cannot have Ilaflon coating business in the US, but you sure can have Ilaflon finished products here.

I should have said the Ilaflon process isn't legal in the US, because imported SIG's sometimes had an Ilaflon finish like you're pointing to.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had 3 P245's over the years.....all mine got Duracoated on the frame O.D.Green and Black on the slide. Who knows, maybe it is one my old ones. Razz

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post