SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M Carbo Titanium Striker Assembly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M Carbo Titanium Striker Assembly Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
who has installed this kit? I'm tempted as I really dislike the OEM method of getting the striker out which involves buggering up the back of the striker sleeve. $154 is holding me back.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the advantage of having a $154 striker? It sounds like an answer that no-one asked.

Posts: 3 | Location: Hilliard, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I just watched their video on YouTube, the sleeve looks like a solid upgrade.

The Ti striker isn’t out of line price wise, if it in fact has some better geometry.

I’m interested in hearing some reviews, not just opinions without actually installing the products.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MountieFan16:
What's the advantage of having a $154 striker? It sounds like an answer that no-one asked.

The system Sig's OEM configuration has will destroy the plastic sleeve with just a few disassembles. Granted this is not a normal field strip necessity, but I do like to clean this now and again, and I tend to keep my guns for awhile and shoot my carry guns as much as I can. The Sig system a poor system.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It looks like this product just got released within the last week. You're not going to get any kind of comprehensive reviews anytime soon.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
It looks like this product just got released within the last week. You're not going to get any kind of comprehensive reviews anytime soon.

I kind of figured that but also figured Sigforum would be the best place to start.

-D.H. Lawrence

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I was actually shocked the first time I disassembled the slide, I couldn’t believe that that plastic sleeve was designed to be deformed like that to remove the striker.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I kind of figured that but also figured Sigforum would be the best place to start.

I guess someone has to be first. Since you're interested though, why don't you try it out? You can just get the striker housing kit since that's what you seem most interested in. Let us know how it works out.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

I guess someone has to be first. Since you're interested though, why don't you try it out? You can just get the striker housing kit since that's what you seem most interested in. Let us know how it works out.

Yeah maybe. If I did, it would be the complete kit as my arthritic hands have a hard time with compressing the spring and inserting those tiny retainers. Since I've always had a "latest greatest" mind set I'm sure it's in the plan sooner rather than later. Wink

-D.H. Lawrence

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not exactly on topic, but parallel. Worth throwing out there.

I put an MCarbo spring and Ti striker sleeve in my Hellcat. I started to have malfunctions shooting +P ammo. I guess the "added mass" (little as there was) combined with the lighter spring was allowing the sleeve to move under recoil. (or I guess more accurately not more, but stay put as the slide moved away from it.) The rear plate would drop down ever so slightly and cause the gun not to go into battery.

Mcarbo said they hadn't seen it before. Told me to stop shooting +P Roll Eyes

I wondered if the Ti striker might help or not, but wasn't going to buy one just to find out since you can't buy JUST the striker. And given all the help I received I didn't feel sending them more money.

Stock spring didn't do it. Apex spring didn't do it. The Apex spring while heavier than the Mcarbo, felt a little more reassuring, hitting with more authority. Plus it didn't cause my gun not to work.Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Not exactly on topic, but parallel. Worth throwing out there.

I put an MCarbo spring and Ti striker sleeve in my Hellcat. I started to have malfunctions shooting +P ammo. I guess the "added mass" (little as there was) combined with the lighter spring was allowing the sleeve to move under recoil. (or I guess more accurately not more, but stay put as the slide moved away from it.) The rear plate would drop down ever so slightly and cause the gun not to go into battery.

Mcarbo said they hadn't seen it before. Told me to stop shooting +P Roll Eyes

I wondered if the Ti striker might help or not, but wasn't going to buy one just to find out since you can't buy JUST the striker. And given all the help I received I didn't feel sending them more money.

Stock spring didn't do it. Apex spring didn't do it. The Apex spring while heavier than the Mcarbo, felt a little more reassuring, hitting with more authority. Plus it didn't cause my gun not to work.Wink

M Carbo shows a Ti striker only. No spring or sleeve. It's $99 though.

-D.H. Lawrence

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For the 365. For the Hellcat you can only buy it will all the other parts I already paid for.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post