SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You have 3 choices, which would you choose, HK45,Sig P220 or
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have 3 choices, which would you choose, HK45,Sig P220 or Login/Join 
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Hard to beat a CZ97.

D@mn, that's a beautiful piece.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
CZ97

Have the P220 SAO Carry, really like it over the 1911 Sig, but probably opt for the CZ with the CGW hot rod kit...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LDB
posted Hide Post
P220. In .38 Super.

-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
-----
Common sense isn't "right wing" unless you are too far to the left.
-----
P220 .38 Super
P225 9mm

Posts: 151 | Location: Greater Houston | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the input. I ended up with an HK45. I liked the sights, a bright green front dot and plain black rears.Also the mag release and the way it fit my hand. . The CZ was just too big for my hands, beautiful gun thou. Couldn’t find a 220 locally unfortunately. Again thanks for all the inputs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: valkyrie1,

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will not regret selecting the HK45.

Posts: 129 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
I will take my P220 Elite SS compact. Such a shooter and its so sexy too.

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pac NW | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
HK45 hands down. Similar in size to the venerable 1911. Lightest of the three options. Great capacity for size.

On the HK45c. That is one of the hardest weapons to control on the clock. Great size and idea. But if you carry on have you tried to run it? Maybe shot a competition with it? Some drills? It is very jumpy in the hand and a bill drill at 10yards from concealment is noticeably slower for all A Zonehits than the full sized HK45, 1911, and even my G43

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedV
posted Hide Post
Personally, the 220. Like HK but the 220 just runs. I’m the end, shooter’s preference.

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers.

Posts: 23 | Location: Gulf Coast Region  | Registered: October 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
HK all the way.
Big HK USP user here.

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, that HK-45 is a great choice.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK makes a quality gun, so I can’t say you made a bad decision. In fact, all three that you mentioned are solid handguns that would serve you well!

I’d have gone P220 personally, but that’s primarily because I have limited exposure to the CZ and HK, and both are bigger than the P220 overall. Enjoy your new pistol!

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, hard to make a wrong choice here. I have the HK45T and a folded slide Sig 220 (forgot the year, but early 90’s). Hard choice. Obviously the HK wins if I want to use a suppressor.

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post