Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GusMcCrae:
And just for history's sake, Ernest Langdon taught the fine gunsmiths at WC the inner workings of the Beretta before hanging out the LTT shingle.

BAM!

Actually, Ernie hung out the LTT shingle long before that. I have some of his spare parts in Langdon Tactical bags with a Warrenton, VA address when he was still local here in VA.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have an LTT Compact with LTT trigger job and NP3 parts, a brand new full size LTT that I've got TJIAB parts for and an LTT frame I built out with an Inox Vertec slide and TJIAB and did an action tune on. That last one has a 4lb DA and 1.8lb SA pull on it. So nice.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by GusMcCrae:
And just for history's sake, Ernest Langdon taught the fine gunsmiths at WC the inner workings of the Beretta before hanging out the LTT shingle.

BAM!

Actually, Ernie hung out the LTT shingle long before that. I have some of his spare parts in Langdon Tactical bags with a Warrenton, VA address when he was still local here in VA.

Yep, I took a class from LTT in March 2003.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I sent a brand new Elite II to Ernest back in 2002 for a Level Two Comp. Trigger job with the intention to use it for IDPA. While the gun was being worked on, I bought a couple of Glock 34s. By the time I got the pistol back, I had already invested a lot of time into the Glocks so I never used the Elite II for IDPA. Later that year, I was able to meet Mr. Langdon at the IDPA Nationals held at Mid-South. He took the time to chat with my 8 year old Son who had just lost his Mother to Breast Cancer months before. It was really good to see my Son's face light up. Mr. Langdon is a class act.

He did an outstanding job on the pistol. The action was smooth as glass. I had so many working pistols, I decided to keep it relatively unused.
Ironically, Mr. Langdon ended up buying that same pistol from me a couple of years ago. Some 17+ years later.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post